close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Grip tool for Colt match target grip?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by matteblack, Jan 23, 2011.

1. matteblack

matteblack

Dec 12, 2003
    I want to change out a grip on my colt match target lower. It has a hex screw, and the ones I have on hand are not long enough and I dont know the size. I thought if anyone knows exactly what to get I can save time at the hardware store. Help ;) Thanks in advance!
    MB :cool:

2. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Have you tried the little bits that fit into the end of the screwdriver like thing? I think this is what I had to use when I replaced mine.

3. matteblack

matteblack

Dec 12, 2003
    Thanks folks! I am trying to install the MOE grip. I still need to pick up the tool but in the meantime, I heard they are sometimes very difficult to install, too tight I believe. Has anyone had this difficulty?

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Mine were quite snug on both my Spike's and Noveske lowers, but a good whack with the heel of my hand got 'em on.

5. matteblack

matteblack

Dec 12, 2003
    Thanks folks. I used a 3/16 Hex T-Key and it worked perfectly!
    MB:wavey:

6. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Ratchet and extension is the best way to go if you have a socket set already.

7. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    That's the things. I shouldn't post when I haven't had much sleep but still manage to do it.