close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grip sleeve of choice?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 11BTaz, Apr 5, 2013.

1. 11BTaz

11BTaz

Mar 22, 2013
    Midwest
    While the stock Glock may fit some of our hands like a glove - we still find ways to make it fit even better be it permanent frame modification, grip tape, or grip sleeve. I'm here to talk about grip sleeves - what's your sleeve of choice.... Hogue Handall, Pachmayr, Limbsaver?

2. Deadduck

Deadduck

Jan 19, 2008
    The Bayou State
    Bicycle inner tube. 😊

3. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    The Hogue Handall on my 3rd Gen G17 is just about perfect for me. I really like the palm swells and finger groves. But that's me. :dunno:

I have long fingers, and find my 3rd Gen G21 very comfortable, as all the Gen 3 models work well for me; but my G17 with the Hogue Handall grip sleeve is even better! :cool:

Tip: If you go with the Hogue grip sleeve, coat the grip of the gun with that good old fashioned sticky hairspray, before sliding the grip sleeve into place. Use a little alcohol to remove any excess spray from around the edges of the sleeve (do not soak the sleeve), and let the gun sit, at least overnight. The sleeve stays put, but is easily removed! :thumbsup:

--Ray

5. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005

Slick little shooter! :thumbsup:

Here's (attached) my new 3rd Gen G26 EDC...

--Ray

6. mce993

mce993

Jan 29, 2008
    Puyallup, WA
    I've used several different grip sleeves on my glocks and ended up pulling them all off and going to the Talon rubberized grip tape grips on all three. The Talons provide great gription but don't add a lot of size to the grip like some of the sleeves do. I always felt like the Hogues made the grip too fat, but I've got stubby fingers.

Try the talons. You may be pleasantly surprised.

7. gilfo

gilfo

Mar 14, 2008
    I like the Limbsaver gives a little cushion for recoil.

8. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    Another vote for the Pachmayr Glove on an EDC, though I prefer Trugrip (sandpaper type grip tape) on my match guns.
    [​IMG]

9. RedTape

RedTape

Sep 29, 2003
    Oklahoma
    I use a bicycle inner tube.

10. Caustic117

Caustic117

Nov 29, 2012
    This is also what I use. Works great lasts a wile and when you have to replace it you have about 2-3 feet left to make more. A big plus is you can custom cut it so its as high up of low on the grip as you want.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  12. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    I tried the Pachmayr slip on grip-glove because I liked the way Barth's G27 looked (see picture above). It looked great and felt pretty good but I had problems with the sleeve moving around. I had one on my G26, G19 and G17.

I went to Talon rough-textured (sandpaper) grip tape and like 'em a whole lot better. I sand the finish a bit to make them less rough so they don't catch my shirt and hold it up. :wow:

But reading the tip about the hairspray makes sense. If I didn't already have the rough tape on the guns, I'd probably go get some hairspray and give the rubber grips another try.

13. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    Pachmayr on the 27...Hogues on the 23 and the 17.

No problems with either.

14. I tried sleeves and they jusy add too much for me . I use the Talon grit on my Glocks, and sand them down a bit before I install them. they lock on to my hands like no other.

15. failsafe

failsafe

Oct 25, 2003
    Missouri
    For my G32, I like my innertube grip...Just right for me..

[​IMG]

16. I have used the inner tube cut in sections instead of doing the whole grip. the down side for me is the black comes off on me after a while from the tube, it may be the brand tube I use. if I'm not using the Talon grip the inner tube is the next best thing for me. when I put the Talon grit grip on they inspire a lot of confidence with such a positive grip. for my sub they are a must have.

17. btucker2003

btucker2003

Feb 12, 2013
    This! Love mine...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

18. 68_Mustang

68_Mustang

Mar 13, 2013
    GA
    I loved the hogue grip on my AR, but as far as a sleeve goes I really like my pachmyr tactical sleeve on my g23

19. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    +1 on the bicycle inner tube.

20. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Gen 3 and older Glocks, Grip tape.

Gen 4 Glocks.........

No grip modifications needed. :cool: