Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Grip Reduction to turn G21 into a G21SF?

Discussion in 'The 21 Club' started by Cali-Glock, May 29, 2012.

1. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    My 2nd generation G21 was my favorite pistol until I got a 3rd generation G21... then I got a G30SF...

I am considering sending one of my two G21s to one of those custom shops that does grip reductions and have them shave some of the back-strap off to make it emulate a G21SF....

In general I don't like the direction most of the grip reductions go - I really just want to emulate the G21SF, not completely re-do the grip...

Any thoughts, suggestions or input?

I know, I should just buy a G21SF... but that is some $$$... whereas the grip reduction should be about $100+/- plus shipping.
  2. TSAX

Jun 5, 2010
    If cost is an issue get the grip reduction. If you dont want to have to go through the trouble of finding another Gen 2, You could get a Gen 3 lower for like $275 to $300 plus the DROS and tax would be like $400 plus the reduction and finger groove removal is like $170 = $570. If you but a SF in CA it could cost you $650+ with DROS and tax. (unless you have the GSSF price $491 plus DROS, tax, membership fee about $600)

I like the idea of the grip reduction since it could be done around $150. But the Gen 2 frames are harder to get so you gotta be sure. Your in a state where finding a police trade in Gen 2 is more difficult to find. A Gen 2 police trade in can cost about $350 and CA dealers charge $75 to $125 just for the transfer plus the tax and some even add the DROS onto that :steamed:

I am a fan of grip reductions and will do one later this summer. Im going with lane at Cold Bore Customs. Good Luck :wavey:

3. woodsloafer

Oct 24, 2005

I saw an ad in GT's classifieds...the firearm parts section I think it was in, one guy/business(?) for G21 and G21SF frames for $225. Buy one of those and then sell yours...some one may pay the same for the Gen 2 if they are a fan of that grip(?)

Just an Idea...let us know what you do with some pictures.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  4. I am looking at Cold Bore as well, seems like the right place to go...

Want to have the finger humps removed and texture done.