close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Grip Frame Stippling-Who does it?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOKINATOR, Nov 3, 2012.

1. GLOKINATOR

GLOKINATOR

Oct 21, 2012
    I see several different versions of this here and there...Who offers this service? Costly? Some look great :supergrin: and some...uhhhh,dont!:crying:

2. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

Dec 16, 2003
    Damned if I know
    Couple people on here I use. Lane from Cold Bore Customs and a member who goes by Bowtie.

Watch out for the people who offer this but don't stand behind their work. If you want it done pay the money and have it done right the first time. I have had stipple work done for the past 15 years, not too many people doing it back then as compared to today.

Paulie

3. GLOKINATOR

GLOKINATOR

Oct 21, 2012
  4. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    This is mostly for folk with Glocks that have a swine affliction. If you don't know what that is, good for you.

Heat your hand to about 600 degrees, F or C, I don't it will matter, much and grab your Glock, by the grip and squeeze. The frame will be fitted exactly to your own hand. I can't help this sort of thing, sorry.

5. whirlibird

whirlibird

May 22, 2007
    SW Wyoming
    Everybody with a soldering iron does some form of stippling,
    and yes, some look great and some don't.

A lot depends on exactly what style of 'grip' you want.
    Our shop does a couple of versions, from light/minimalist through heavy/rough texture.

I've done a number of texture jobs, in various methods over the years. One thing to consider is the effect the texturing will have on you the shooter as well as your gear and clothing.

I've worn through a number of vest carriers and uniform shirts with aggressive texturing.

It can be too aggressive, too rough, for some. Choose wisely. If you can, try before you buy. One point in favor of a local smith, if they're skilled.

And as an aside, one of my 'worst' looking (ugly) jobs is a customer favorite for feel, especially on the range. But ten years of use has really made this job look ratty but feel right in all the right places.

6. GLOKINATOR

GLOKINATOR

Oct 21, 2012
  7. table

table

Jan 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Lane @ ColdBore did a great job on stippling and reduction on my 26

8. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomsburg PA
    Of the stippling business pieces of work I've seen I'd go with ColdBore all the way.

9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  10. HEXE9

HEXE9 Shootin' Fool

Feb 12, 2002
    At the bottom of a hill.
    Another +1 for Cold Bore Customs.

Lane's work is second to none.

11. JDennis

JDennis

Aug 9, 2012
    Des Moines
    I did my own on my 22 frame. If you are good with a soldering iron, it is a piece of cake. I used a dremel on the iron tip to round it off and make a pattern I liked.

12. fran m

fran m

Mar 7, 2005
    drexel hill pa
    Owners who then put their gun up for sale it seems.:supergrin:

13. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    any pics of your gun ??

14. 2011glockarmorer

2011glockarmorer

Mar 28, 2012
    Cold Bore without question is the best. Lane did a G-19 for me that's my carry gun. I'd have all my glocks done the same except they're not legal for IDPA or GSSF. Too bad :crying:

15. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Texas
    Cold Bore Customs is worth the $$. Excellent work.

16. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  17. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

Dec 16, 2003
    Damned if I know
    I have had several Glocks done by Lane. I never had his tree bark texture done. I will have to do it on the next one.

How does that feel up against bare skin? I wear an under shirt sometimes, the ones Lane has done for me doesn't rub me raw without an undershirt.

Paulie

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  18. People's tastes really do vary. I've seen some stippling jobs that really look great but IMO the tree bark pattern is flat out hideous. Jmo..

19. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    No complaints from me.

A bling-bling Desert Eagle is just for Pimps & gold tooth ghetto rats. JMO....