close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grip force Beavertail problem

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Pn2, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Pn2

Pn2

In a range session of 200 rds, the pin (supplied by Grip force) moves to one side and the beavertail comes out of one side, or the pin starts bothering on one side. I have to stop, pull out the glock tool and push it inside.

It happened 2 times in 200 rds, also happened in the last session.

I liked the beavertail, but took it out today. Does anyone else had similar problem ?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

Is it like that with all the pins they provide? I'd try to use one of the other ones they supply (I think they provide 3) to see if it is just an issue with that specific pin.

3. Pn2

Pn2

They all look the same, I will mic them to see if there is a difference.

The movement is being caused by the beavertail not being snug fit to the frame and the small gap that is there, is making some movement in the beavertail at the time of the shot and followthrough, which is pushing the pin.

It slowly happens in each shot and after about 100 rds, the pin is moved about 1 mm to one side.

Should I heat the beavertail and make it snug fit ?

4. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

I have put several thousand rounds through my Gen4 with Grip Force Adapter and the only time it comes loose is when I need to get the trigger out of the gun.

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

yes you can either use the heat gun or use a little bit of silicone on the back side of it to take up that little gap in there... the silicone will not hurt the gun or finish.. and comes off if you ever take the grip force product off... the only other thing you cold do is put a little bit of loctite on the pin and reinstall it that should hold it in place as well ...

6. GNiner

GNiner

You can dremel a little bit of the fit bars down on the inside of the GFA to get it to fit "snugger" to your particular gun. This may give the mounting holes on the GFA a little more room to fit over your pin without the excessive pressure causing the pin to walk out.

7. donsls6

donsls6

Man I wish I could get one of these for my 21SF.

8. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

you can fit the GFA on any Glock, I fit one on my G30SF all you need to do is either heat it up and bend it to fit the backstrap or use the silicone works either way ....

9. Pn2

Pn2

Thanks all, some good suggestions. I will see and look which one is easier.

i was thinkiing of putting some medical tape, but will have a look at all options.