close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Grip Force Adapter

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gocubs6, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Got em, love em, on my Gen 4 19.

Had problems with slide bite, and was ready to trade for a Gen 3. Put the smooth one on, problem solved. Money well spent.

People with BIG hands use the large backstrap. The small beavertail on the Gen 4s rubs the knuckle at the base of the thumb raw. Bad design, Glock. These fix the problem.

2. Dsully

Dsully

Dec 11, 2012
    I know this is an old thread but I thought some of you would find this interesting. When I got my Grip Force Adapter, I noticed it didn't match the FDE. It was more desert tan.
    It began irritating me so I decided to try and die it to match. Well, I think I got it. It's almost an exact match.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How did I do it, you ask?

Got some RIT in Cocoa brown and dark green. Mixed 1 part cocoa brown with 4 parts dark green in about 6 cups hot water. Let the grip force adapter sit in it for 30 seconds and this was the results I got.

Note: results may very so use some old FDE Magpul base plates to test and match. Get it as close as you can and then try it. I would also recommend you doing it in 10 second intervals.

3. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    I know some may consider it "sacrilegious" to do the stippling etc. that you've done to that receiver, but I think it looks super.

4. Dsully

Dsully

Dec 11, 2012
    Thanks man. Wait until you see what I did to my slide ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  5. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    Your lines are incredibly clean, and it appears that you didn't employ the "dot" method.. how did you accomplish this.. and, what DID you do to your slide??

6. Dsully

Dsully

Dec 11, 2012
    I don't like the dot method. Never appealed to me. I use a wood burning tool with a sharp pointed tip. I don't go too deep and use a woodpecker approach. Rapid taps. The edges, I go a bit slower to get the clean lines. Also, I tape up the parts I don't want stippled.

I'm having ATEi mill my slide for a RMR, front and rear enhanced cocking serrations and a refinish. Should be a nice pistol once it's finished. Thanks again for the compliments