close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Grip Force Adapter

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gocubs6, Dec 15, 2011.

1. gocubs6

gocubs6

Aug 16, 2010
    Tried it out? Is it worth the $25 to try it out? I don't get slide bite, but the Glock does point a bit high for me.

2. hickok45

hickok45 Millennium Member

Oct 17, 1999
    Nashville
    They sent me some of these, and I've played around with them a little. I actually show them in a video that we've not posted yet.

I don't get slide bite either. For anybody who does, these are the ticket, I'd say.

My attraction is that it rather fills in the gap there in the grip and renders the back of the grip more of a flat, straight profile, which I much prefer. I've never liked the hump on the rear of the Glock grip.

I'm still experimenting with them and will show in videos what I think of them as I continue. I've used my Dremel tool on one to the point where I like it okay on a Glock 19, but not sure yet. I don't think I like them on the Baby Glocks, as it pushes the hand down just a itty bit, and I can't afford to give up any grip there with that short grip to begin with. Not sure.

I want to mess around with one on a big Glock, my Glock 20, and see how I like it. I'm just experimenting with them right now, mainly to improve the contour of the rear grip. I'm such a minimalist that I'm not a good judge; it's hard for me to put ANYTHING on a Glock if it is not needed. I do think a lot of people might really like these things, especially since you can grind and contour them as desired.

I hope to get some time here during Christmas to play with them a little more and see if they are anything I'd actually install and leave on any of my Glocks.
    Hickok45

3. beariedog

beariedog

Sep 25, 2011
    Hollywood FL
    I put one on my G-17 and went to the range.
    I like it.

4. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    Florida
    I have one on my full size G34 and have not noticed a difference after getting some range time with it. The gun seems to "point" at about the same angle but regardless, I like how it looks. :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. gocubs6

gocubs6

Aug 16, 2010
    Thanks, Hickock. I watch your videos, so I'll keep an eye out for your review/testing. I definitely don't need it, but since I have a variety of handguns that point similarly (226, XDM, and 1911), these intrigued me if they can slightly bring down the point of aim. I don't NEED it as I do fine w/ the transitions, but I like the concept.

6. I use them on both my USPSA Limited gun and my IDPA ESP gun. Both Gen4 22's.

7. Serafino

Serafino

Oct 19, 2011
    Hickok, I have one on my G26 and like what it does about the hump and have been thinking of cutting the beavertail off to get my hand higher.

The GFA pushes the hand back enough that it will ride higher if the BT section is gone, and that might put me right into getting slide bite, so I haven't made the experiment yet.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  8. jamaicanj

jamaicanj

Nov 25, 2007
    Florida
    I have them installed on a 19, 17 and 35 and like the feel a lot. Only issue is that if you carry against your bare skin, the edge of it can be a little rough and requires a bit of sanding

9. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Tx
    "My attraction is that it rather fills in the gap there in the grip and renders the back of the grip more of a flat, straight profile, which I much prefer. I've never liked the hump on the rear of the Glock grip."

That's exactly why I gave one a try on my Gen2 19 and it made a positive difference in the feel/grip of the gun but not enough to alter the sight picture when firing. In the future I'd use another of these when considering a grip reprofile/reduction. Much less expensive and accomplishes the same thing....at least for me it does.

10. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw

Feb 20, 2002
    bluefield va
    Does it change the way the recoil feels,

Thanks,Keith

11. KennyFSU

KennyFSU What to wear...

Mar 14, 2011
    Florida
    I didn't notice a difference on my G34, although it doesn't have much recoil to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kidcoltoutlaw

kidcoltoutlaw

Feb 20, 2002
    bluefield va
    I love the XD's but the Glock does have less felt recoil. The grip angle feels funny to me . There may be a Glock in my future.

Thanks,Keith

13. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    They have new beaver tails out now from grip force they have the smooth top instead of the old grooves I placed an order for them to try out.

sent from my commando using tapatalk

14. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

Mar 19, 2010
    Ozarks
    Ok, everyone can make fun of me for being the pimp my ride and info commerical type.

After seeing hickok45 do the video on the "Grip Force Adapter" I just had to try one on my 27. I've never been particularly fond of the grip angle on Glocks, especially on the sub-compacts where it seems even more exaggerated. I don't have any need for the beavertail portion of the adapter, but haven't cut/chopped it off as of yet. I did grind the grooves down directly under the beavertail part so my hand/grip continues to ride high under the slide and close to the barrel/slide axis. I also melted the pin spots with wet/dry sand paper when I cut it down in length, then polished it all back up after I got it to fit the gun and my hand the way I liked.

It really made a grip improvement for me by straightening out the curve of the backstrap. It's a removable mod that's just held on with a pin so going back is simple and leaves no evidence. It's not pretty, but its not permanent like a grip reduction and stippling. I've been shooting with it for about a month now, I think it's going to be a keeper.:embarassed:

Attached Files:

15. Interesting, I have have to try it out for my G27.

16. Nanuk

Nanuk

Sep 13, 2009
    At home
    I tried one, it seems the pin is slightly oversized and cause my trigger to hang up.

17. maverick9614

maverick9614

Dec 7, 2008
    I have one on my gen 2 g22. I like it and have thought it might be a good addition to a baby Glock if I ever got one.

18. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
  19. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    I've never found a use for them, but if they make the gun more comfortable for some shooters and hold up, they're a good thing.