close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Greetings from south Texas!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by pesky_human, Aug 27, 2012.

1. pesky_human

pesky_human

Aug 25, 2012
    I am originally from southern California, but have been in south Texas for a few years now. I can find a lot of differences between myself and most Texans, but I absolutely love the comradeship that rules here around the awesome attitude towards gun laws here.

I recently got into a trade that, while researching, I found this forum. There appears to be an incredible wealth of knowledge here and I am looking forward to seeing what y'all are all about.

I have very few guns, but I go shooting frequently and have been dedicated to the Glock platform since I first gripped a full size 10mm Glock back in the mid '90s. I have had great performance shooting, cleaning, and slightly modifying Glocks for many years. Since coming to TX and having the option to carry, I recently traded my 23 for a 26 in search of a reduced profile and I love it.

At any rate, this is probably too much of an intro, but I am glad to be here and now have the pleasure of lurking for a minute to check out what's here (which seems daunting given the amount of info) and to make sure I understand how the mod/admin situation is so that I can stay around here for a long time.

Peace! C

2. schnarkle

schnarkle

Jun 13, 2011
    Where in South Texas are you? I'm in Harlingen.

3. pesky_human

pesky_human

Aug 25, 2012

I am working in the oilfield so I am all over the place. I am generally in the Three Rivers and Aransas Pass areas.

4. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    The mods are good people. Just don't act like a £€¥< @&$?$#% and you'll get along fine.

Mas Ayoob over in GATE is one of our gurus, but in GATE only the mod can respond to your inquiry.

:welcome: :wavey:

5. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Jun 21, 2006
    South Texas