Greetings From "Sherwood Forest" :)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by FriarTuck, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Robin Hood needed a priest to perform the wedding ceremony for one of his men, Alan-a-Dale, and his sweetheart, in defiance of the Bishop of Hereford. Friar Tuck, although jovial, had some issues with authority, especially if it was corrupted. The merry band in Sherwood Forest were loyal to King Richard the Lion-Hearted -and this period of time was actually before friars were in England, so some parts of the legend don't quite fit. But I like the overall idea.

Friar Tuck loved ale (in moderation), was somewhat fat, and had some martial skills, in addition to being a devoted Christian. I hope I can live up to that standard (I need to get out my archery stuff and do some target practice).

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 FriarTuck, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Is that a Glock bow, and .45 GAP arrows? (...just to keep this thread on track...)

We once owned a lot in "Sherwood Forest" near Brevard, but the hillside, AND the Sheriff's building restrictions were pretty steep.

Pax vobiscum.

3. Wellcome to GT.

4. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Welcome aboard! :)

5. Welcome! I live in a suburb of Little Rock, Arkansas. My actual city's name is "Sherwood" and I live next to a park called "Sherwood Forest".

6. Welcome to the forum!

7. It's an 'Ithica', IIRC, likely made in NY state. As when I was a kid, my arrows are varied. Back then, I could roam around the back of my grandparents' farm plinking at will. Here in modern city life, folks would likely call the SWAT team over that, so I just go to an official archery range. I took my kids there when they were little, teaching them about safety, aiming, and so on.

8. Sounds like a great place!

Thanks to you and to everybody else who has extended a welcome. I appreciate it.

9. :welcome:
    The sub I grew up in was called Sherwood Forest despite there being hardly any trees.

10. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

11. Let me update the 'thank-you's, and wish you all a Happy New Year!