close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Greetings from New York

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by harrbo, Jul 3, 2013.

1. harrbo

harrbo

Jun 23, 2013
    New member from New York state. I've been lurking/learning for a few years since I first got my CC permit

Amazing amount of information here..........great forum!!

2. Upstate Glocker

Upstate Glocker

Mar 16, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Welcome, fellow besieged New Yorker. If you have not already done so, I encourage you to join both NYS Rifle & Pistol, the NY affiliate of the NRA, and SCOPE (Shooters Committee on Political Education) and if you are from Westchester or LI the local groups there. There is an all-out fight against the Cuomo gun laws, which are easily the most anti-2A laws in the country (well, CA vies for that title also). These groups are the tip of the spear and need your support.

3. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
  4. Welcome Where in NY are you from.

I assume you have a Glock and that's why you landed here.

There is a Glock competition coming up in a couple of weeks in Fulton NY

Check out http://gssfonline.com/

5. harrbo

harrbo

Jun 23, 2013

Not from Westchester, but I may be looking to join SCOPE and NYS Rifle.......I'm an NRA member

6. harrbo

harrbo

Jun 23, 2013

Not near Fulton, I'm from Monroe County

I do own Glocks!

7. Upstate Glocker

Upstate Glocker

Mar 16, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Membership in SCOPE and NYS Rifle & Pistol is cheap. And remember that as bad as the SAFE Act is (basically banning any new AR sales in NYS), if we don't stop Cuomo and his NYC liberals we will be WORSE than CA --

1) Cuomo has already talked about confiscation of firearms;
    2) Cuomo has a 20 year history of anti-2A efforts;
    3) the NYC movement is led by Bloomberg and his $20Billion fortune, and they want microstamping, more restrictions on carry permits, and no lead ammo;
    4) many upstate judges are moving toward restrictions on carry permits;
    5) you say you are from Monroe County, which is one of the last urban counties with conservative Republicans running the county, the county clerk and the sheriff's offices -- it needs to stay that way but only if we all get involved.

Too often the 2A crowd spouts nonsense like "all politicians are alike" and then they vote for the liberal Democrats because their union told them to or some other crap, then they get outraged when the liberals pass laws taking away their 2A rights. Get involved, get registered, and vote.

8. it looks like only a 2 hour drive its worth the trip .

We are coming up from Rockland County NY about a 5 hour drive

9. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

Apr 13, 2013
    South Florida
  10. Keeplokd

Keeplokd Millennium Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Hello neighbor! Welcome! I'm in Genesee Co.