Greetings from across the pond!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by taffbanjo, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Ah! A civilised voice. We will be victorious yet!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

Easy, there chap... We're a lot better armed than you frenchy loving mayo & chips eating fools! :)

3. Of course you're better armed than we are but then again, you really need to be. But "Frenchy-loving"? We've been fighting the French for at least a thousand years that I know of and still are, one way or another.
    The wonderful "mayo and chips" is Dutch or Belgian in origin.

#43 taffbanjo, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

Fixed it for you.

5. That might have been a fair option but the Welsh do talking, not shocking, unless it's with the sheep.:shocked:

6. :welcome::welcome: Love you guys accent, can listen all day long to it

7. janice6

Platinum Member

That's funny.

I was stationed in Charleston, South Caroline for two years with the Navy in 1957 and I am from Minnesota, which is about as northern European in the USA as you can get short of Canada.

Anyway, when I came home I was picked on by everyone because they said I had a "Southern Accent". When I was in South Carolina everyone asked me if I always talked that fast. The said I had the slow my speech down so they could understand me.

By the way, in South Carolina the French Fries are eaten with Vinegar sprinkled over them.

Anyway, again welcome to a good group.

8. Thank you - I've been in England for so long that my family say that I "talk like a bloody Cockney". Not quite true - my Essex friends have no trouble in spotting me as a Welshman. I'm fascinated by American accents, too, and my friends were amazed that I could tell that Garth Brooks and Annette Bening came from the same sort of area (Tulsa OK and Topeka KS, as it happens). All you have to do is listen!

You think you're having trouble with gun control? Have a look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21051062

9. Thanks - great to be here!

10. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

:welcome: From Michigan!

11. Many thanks. I have quite a soft spot for the Wolverine State - Elderly Instruments in Lansing have been supplying all of my banjo needs for more than twenty years.