close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Green internal laser for glock

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by jrh3, Sep 25, 2011.

1. jrh3

jrh3 War Eagle

Does anyone know when or if they are going to produce the lasermax internal in green laser.

Any info thanks,

John

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

The technology might not be available yet. I think the green lasers use more energy, and might require more space. It might take a while before the green ones can be miniaturized to fit the recoil guide rod. I would assume they would already do it if it was possible or cost effective. This is a total assumption, though. And you know what they say about assuming. BTW, Roll Tide!!!

3. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

green lasers use more battery and the batteries for lasermax rod guide laser are pricy

4. Chowser

Chowser

batteries for my red internal lasermax aren't too expensive. i bought 50 of them off ebay. granted, they don't last as long as lasermaxs, but for $5 for 50 batteries, I'll deal with the shortened life span. I turn it on every time I start my shift to make sure it works. In fact, just today I saw that I left it on from last night, so it's dead. I turned the laser on last night on a guy with a gun, he gave up pretty fast. I forgot to turn it off when I reholstered, so it's dead now.

Time to go change the batteries. This is the first time I changed them this year.

I know Lasermax makes a small green one that goes on the rails, it's pretty small. I had one when they first came out, but battery life wasn't too good. I think they just came out with a rechargeable one that is pretty small. I'll probably pick one up for my rifle.

5. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

I have limited knowledge of lasers but I can give it a shot.

Ok ... for starters there is no such thing as a 'green laser' they are merely red lasers that are reduced in frequency to emit only green light. That reducing of frequency builds up a lot of heat (since the reduced energy has to go somewhere as it is not being converted to light).

Heat is the #1 killer of laser diodes and an internal laser next to a hot barrel would definitely add to the heat displacement issues already plaguing green laser builds. Until a new way to displace the heat away from the diode is achieved then really I don't foresee a reliable internal laser anytime soon.

:wavey:

6. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

<---still wondering how my bright-as-hell green laser pen works. I haven't taken it apart, but it seems the internals of that pen would fit in the space of a guide rod. I'm about to cram the damn thing in a gun myself. There's a lot of money to be made by the first person to do it. Heck, I'm in for two 1911s and a 226.