close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greeley, CO 2011 Debriefing & Photo Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Aug 20, 2011.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories and photos here.

2. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I helped set up yesterday and RO'd today. Met some great local people and talked with some really cool folks from all over today. I worked the 5 to Glock all day and it seemed to go pretty smooth. Was interesting that "most" shooters shoot the 5 to Glock from closest to farthest rather then L to R/R to L. I am shooting civ/sub/comp tomorrow but I suck so I am no competition to anyone :crying:I really have to work on the 20-25 this winter!

I didnt see anyone I recognized from here though?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

3. hagan34

hagan34

had a great time today, even though I didn't shoot as well as I would have liked.

Funny how could set there waiting my turn and say "slow is smooth and smooth is fast" or "front site post". then it all go out the window as soon as I hear the buzzer. with this being my first GSSF Shoot I figure its a good baseline and I know what I need to work on in each event.

with having nothing else to compare it to, I thought the RO's were doing a great job and seemed to have enough ROs that waits where fair short, believe the only event that I had to wait longer then the current round of shooters was the GLOCK'm. asked a couple times if any help was needed and when I couldn't find a place to help I took off. which made the wife happy that I wasn't gone as long as I had told her I might be.

Again thanks to all that help set up and run the Colorado event.

trlcavscout: I shot the 5 to GLOCK around 11ish on the far left, not sure which station you were working.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  4. SARDG

SARDG

One of our IDPA SOs calls it Etch-a Sketch - like someone takes your brain and scrambles the CoF at the sound of the buzzer.

5. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I topped some personal records today, I was actually suprised at my CIV score :faint:But I dont understand how I can shoot the same pistol back to back and get such differences in scores? I can shoot the G22 2 times in a row and be 50 seconds apart, it has been that way the last three matches. I get one good score and one crappy score.

Shot my best score so far with the G22 in CIV at 129, I have some work to do.

Heres a link to educate people on how not to shoot the plates!!! I had better/normal runs but all the wife got was bad ones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13bJa8I-zF8

Here I am stinkin up the Glock M, the far right popper didnt want to fall even with 165gr .40's so we had to adjust it after my first run.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  6. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek full-time n00b

I had a great time. Great club, great and helpful ROs. I thought I would never get there as it's 5 miles from the middle of nowhere. I think I shot ok, around 125 in Civ. I was shooting too fast...couldn't slow down. I didn't have any misses, but had a few Ds, especially at 25 yards. One of my Ds was at the very bottom right corner of the target...10 pointer barely averted.

My practice runs on the plates were good, but went to hell during the real thing.

Anyone get a slice of pizza in the gazebo? Was the slice big enough for you... :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  7. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

That pizza was awesome!! Had it both days :rofl:

8. viper144

viper144

This was the first match for my wife and myself. Had a great time. The facility is top notch.
    Best of all, the ROs where great and very helpful. My wife was having trouble hitting plates, they encouraged her to relax and gave her some real good pointers.
    I got some great tips on tigger control from a RO that was working the Glock M and it really helped with the other two stages.
    I would like to commend all the ROs and the staff on a first time experience.
    We will be back......great fun.
    We stayed in Fort Collins and the range was only about 30 mintues east of there.....very easy to find.

Attached Files:

9. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dave and I went to our first ever Glock match on Sunday. What Fun! Everybody was very friendly to a first time match shooter. I shot my 26 in the Civ and Subcompact divisions. I didn't seat my mag on one of the strings and it cost me time (18.84 sec) Yuk! Was a little nervous. I scored 138 and 139 not very good but ok for my first attempt. Missed a couple of shots. Dave's comment to me was "We both know you are a better shooter than that!" Looking forward to next year.

[​IMG]

10. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

I was at the far left all morning and the far right in the afternoon so you would have came through my lane. Hope I did a good job and you had fun.

11. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Glad you guys had fun, I think you shot at my station. Sunday their were less RO's and it seemed like longer waits, at least I waited a while to shoot my second time through.

12. RLE

RLE

It was my first match. Lots of fun and lots to learn.

It was a good excuse to drive up through Weld County on a beautiful Saturday morning.

13. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek full-time n00b

The prizes have been posted.

14. Dave.1

Dave.1

Thanks for the heads up!

Dave