Greatest handgun ever made - H&K P7

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by vtducrider, Sep 2, 2012.

1. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I've had the Versa Max for a while.
    Recently picked up a new Del Fatti ISP

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #161 faawrenchbndr, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. nathanours

nathanours Texan

No sorry for the confusion, the gun Yost worked on is excellent. I meant the HK P7 that I have shot belonging to my friend didn't feel all that great.

#162 nathanours, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  3. I think the P7 is a tremendous pistol, but I don't know if I could say that Amy pistol is the best ever. There are a handful IMO that are so excellent, yet different to the other great ones. The Browning Hi Power, 1911, Glock, CZ 75, are all awesome in there own ways.

4. deadite
    Do you have before and after pics ?
    NICE

5. deadite

deadite Groovy.

No, but it was a standard B grade PSP.

Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#165 deadite, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  6. nathanours

nathanours Texan

This is completely awesome by the way! :wavey:

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I have a black VS II available.

8. I am a fan of the P7 as well. I had one in the 80s and let it slip though my fingers. A few months ago I found a mint PSP and remember why I fell in love with them. It has cost me a fortune in holster so far. I even bought a safariland drop leg for it the other day to use during firearms classes.

9. Null makes a great IWB holster I would hold up to a Del Fatti anyday. Nothing against Matthew , but Null makes a fine fine holster . I have a Bianchi Askins avenger and a Bianchi #19 for it as well.

10. I got some extended range time in the late 90s with an M8 or M10. Nice pistol, but to me it was just quirky enough if someone had told me Saab designed it I wouldn't have argued.

11. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Thanks!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

12. Greatest pistol ever made? That's a bit of a reach. When they were first introduced a lot of police switched over to them. As I recall, there were plenty of AD's, because in high stress situations motor control changes, and it's often difficult to squeeze the grip without squeezing the trigger.
    As far as superior accuracy goes, I'll put the 50m test target that came with my P210, or the 25m test target that came with my P88 against any P7 factory pistol.
    I had a P9S years ago that was incredably accurate, but not really built for a leftie.

13. I just listed the 25th anniversary edition p7 jubilee coin on eBay, I was told its the only one available at this time...check it out. Auction ends Monday 2/12

14. Thanks for your contribution to our forum :whistling:

15. Iv always wanted one of those. Its one of my favorite looking handguns

16. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember
    CLM

They're cool no doubt. I like my P7M8 Anniversary Jubilee, it is quite accurate also I've never shot a center fire semi auto that I could shoot accurate follow ups so quickly with. But if push came to shove I'd sell it before several other guns in my collection.

[​IMG]

17. F it... You like to shoot? I have a 1/500 anniversary edition I shoot and don't regret it at all.

And the OP: greatest hand gun ever no friggin way.

18. I have owned many handguns, the CZ75 Shadow I just got about a year ago is one of the best handguns ever, it has half a dust cover, no rail. It is incredible in the hand shoots better and 100% reliable,Kev

19. ... you left out the part where after a magazine or two it gets too hot to hold.

My friend has one, I've shot it several different times. It does nothing for me, but to each his own.

20. The P7 heating up is WAY overblown on this site.

It's ridiculous, in my opinion. Sure, it gets hot, but so do many other guns.

#180 bac1023, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013