Glock Talk banner

Greatest handgun ever made - H&K P7

34K views 242 replies 72 participants last post by  fnfalman 
#1 ·
I went to the range today with 3 pistols. G19, PPQ, and P7M8. I hadn't shot my P7 in a while, and I am glad I brought it along today. I had planned to split the 300 rounds I had evenly among the guns, but ended up shooting the majority of the ammo through the P7.

It fits in my hand so well, and I feel so connected with it. It is literally like made for me. I was totally reminded why I have 7 of them :)

Hands down, the greatest handgun I have ever shot.

#10 ·
I want one very badly... but I can't give up a premium pistol for it. and I don't have the money to buy one right now.

lol
theres a shop near me that has several in the $700 range, mostly two tone,
that will do layaway. may just have to go that route:cool:

#12 ·
I would say the HK P7M8/13 is one of the best, fastest and safest 9mm handguns.
Of course it needs proper training to learn how to handle it.
If you have little training with a P7 an AD is more likely then with other models like a Glock or Sig.

It is a real shame that HK stopped making the P7.
I wonder if ever anyone would buy the rights and built them again like with the G3 and PTR.

#15 ·
theres a shop near me that has several in the $700 range, mostly two tone,
that will do layaway. may just have to go that route:cool:
I hate having money tied up like that.

I found one for sale on hkpro that was put-up yesterday for 650.... looks like 'well used' but I would sent it in to get NP3+ coating.

i'd really like to shoot one before I buy it. and honestly, my MP9c shoots so well, I can't see any reason getting something else for carry. plus I have a light/laser on that so

It's one fine pistol for sure! :cool:

(If my darn hands weren't so darn small, I'd have one too!) :supergrin:
My girl can't shoot it double action (too heavy) but she loves shooting it SA.

the handle isn't any bigger than a USP (maybe milimeters)

#16 ·
Unfortunately, i've never even handled one. It's one of those guns that i plan on picking up when a good opportunity comes along. Just hasn't happened yet.

#22 · (Edited)
I have shot the P7 a buddy of mine still owns one of the oldies. Definately a superior piece of engineering. However, there is a reason the 1911 is still being built to this day .Also, I just recently bought a Non S&W Walther P99AS and it gives the P7 a side by side run for it's money in fit,finish, performance and feel. There are many more on equal par with the hk , all personal preference.

#23 ·
PhantomF4E;

I have shot the P7 a buddy of mine still owns one of the oldies. Definately a superior piece of engineering. However, there is a reason the 1911 is still being built to this day .
One very important reason why the P7M8 is not being produced today is because it is very expensive for H&K to produce, every pistol is also hand built.

Also, I just recently bought a Non S&W Walther P99AS and it gives the P7 a side by side run for it's money in fit,finish, performance and feel. There are many more on equal par with the hk , all personal preference.
I own many H&K pistols, and while most of them have a high bore axis, they have a tendency to shoot very accurately.

The Walter compares to a 1K + hand built pistol, and even gives it a run for it's money? :dunno:

I don't know, I have shot a lot of pistols, and can honestly say that the H&K P7M8 is one of the most accurate pistols I have ever shot. I did have a H&K USPc that was almost as accurate, but that is a different story.

Yes, it is very personal, and while I would say that there are some pistols that may be as good as H&K's ( and vice versa),
I do find it hard to believe that there are many over the counter pistols that shoot as well as the P7M8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.