Glock Talk banner

Great Weapon Lights at Wal-mart

32K views 103 replies 65 participants last post by  thesilverbullet 
#1 ·
So i visited my local wally world today, went there to pick up a few hundo rounds of WWB .40 cal.

While i was poking around i noticed they carry the Nebo PROTEC ELITE HP190.

I was cautious as i was looking at it, seeing as i have a TLR-1s, TLR-2/2s and a X300, and the Nebo is only $40 while the above mentioned are $300+.

But i figured if it sucked i could just return it so i pulled the trigger and took it home.

Stats:

190 lumens.
300ft Range
2 Hour run time
Water Resistant
Strobe mode!
Power: 1 CR123A Lithium battery.

So i got it home, took the scissors to the package and cracked it open.

Its made of sturdy aluminum, with thick rubber gaskets closing in all the internal parts.
It has a simple Right to left switch operation, Press the bar left and it turns on, press it right it turns off. If you press it left again within 4 seconds, it turns on the strobe. If you wait 4 seconds or more, it just turns on the light.

It connects to the weapon easily, There is a screw on the left side that you can tighten the light down onto your rail with, However once you have it set up, you just press down on the screw, plus the bolster on the right and the light slides right off the rail with little effort *much easier than a TLR model*

The battery is inserted in the front, by unscrewing the bulb housing. pretty simple.

It is very light weight and MAN is this thing bright, makes my TLR-2s look like a AA mag light. but then again 190 Lumens vs. 160 does make a large difference.

Overall for $40.........this is the best $40 light I have ever bought, well made, bright, turns on and off and has a strobe, what more can ya ask for :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Haaaaa, I bought that same light at Wally-world this afternoon and have been trying to destroy it with my 870 ever since I got home. It has been flawless so far and brighter than my TLR-1"s. For the money it's gonna be hard to beat. I'll probably go get another later on this morning when the old lady gets up so I can tell her where I'm going. Beleive me if you can hurt it, I will. But so far it's trying to wear out my 870...

#9 ·
Haaaaa, I bought that same light at Wally-world this afternoon and have been trying to destroy it with my 870 ever since I got home. It has been flawless so far and brighter than my TLR-1"s. For the money it's gonna be hard to beat. I'll probably go get another later on this morning when the old lady gets up so I can tell her where I'm going. Beleive me if you can hurt it, I will. But so far it's trying to wear out my 870...
I've put 400 through my G22 with it mounted. Nothing. dropped it, kicked it, threw it at a rock........bit scratched but hell it standing up great. I may buy one for every weapon i own with a rail at this price!.

I may also just have to sell my TLR-1s tomorrow too...........and buy more Nebos haha

#20 ·
Why yes that would be it! My 20MP camera likes to take 5MB photos haha........so no matter what i try it wont let me post diddly squat. Thanks for the photo haha

Bring the picture into a photo editing program like IRfanview (free), and "Save as Jpg, then set whatever size you want it to be. No problem posting anything.

#22 ·
well darn... yall obviously have a different wal mart than we have here.. i went to look for the mentioned light.. did not find any... asked the salesperson... they could not find any either... but it appeared they could care less about finding one.. .. :upeyes: she seemed pre-occupied doing absolutely nothing...

#24 ·
well darn... yall obviously have a different wal mart than we have here.. i went to look for the mentioned light.. did not find any... asked the salesperson... they could not find any either... but it appeared they could care less about finding one.. .. :upeyes: she seemed pre-occupied doing absolutely nothing...
Asked the salesperson, ha ha :rofl:

#25 ·
Not from Walmart but I got one a while ago and have had it on a couple guns for a couple thousand rounds with no issue.

#26 ·
They are with the gun slings and $20 scopes :) o rings and shotgun chokes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.