close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great meeting last night

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by Gunfitr, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Gunfitr

Gunfitr
    Expand Collapse

We initiated 3 EAs last night. The work, lectures, tools, charge were all done with excellent proficiency. We have not started 3 at the same time in my memory. Two were young men whose dads and grandads are brothers the third is a 40 something who works with several brothers and was influenced by their character. It was a very good night to be a Mason.

May peace and harmony prevail.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JayPap

JayPap
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member
    Millennium Member

Good for you were doing triples more often than I like.

My personal opinion is if your alone it is more personal but with many candidates thats not possible.

I guess it's better to have multiples than none.

We benefit from a local A.F.B. Three or four Marines and a couple Air Force per year average. Plus non military and were usually busy.

The only Lodge in my area that has never recycled a P.M. except during World War II.

3. Gunfitr

Gunfitr
    Expand Collapse

I agree, I went through all the way by myself. My lodge also recycled the master during ww2 and also a few times during the mid 1800's. Since ww2 we've been fortunate, no retreads. However most of the smaller lodges in our district have done so. I know of brothers who have made four trips to the east. Some even rotate from the east right back to the south.

4. Chuck66

Chuck66
    Expand Collapse
    Traveling Man

We've had an upturn in EAs and beyond here lately. In a county of only 14K people, it's been about 3 petitions at least per month for the last 8 or 9 months. For the few years prior to this, it was more like 5 or 6 a year. Our lodge did the first multiple-candidate EA I'm aware of in the 10 years since I was raised, last week.

I'm not sure what's driving it, but we're enjoying it. In at least one instance, I think it's word of mouth from other recent initiates. One was a state trooper, now got another state trooper right on his heels. Lot's of folks from the local prison too(nooooo....not inmates :supergrin: , the guards :thumbsup: )

Either way, an influx of folks we reckon ought to be on the right side of the law. Awesome.

5. Gunfitr

Gunfitr
    Expand Collapse

Great news, we too had a period when petitions were few and far between. However the last 3 years there has been a resurgence of interest in Masonry. We now have coaching and degree work on a continuous basis. Our lodge also has a significant LE, Fire, and EMS presence. But I guess that is to be expected in a small town given that good men always seek the companionship of other good men.

6. deputy tom

deputy tom
    Expand Collapse

Good to hear your Lodges are getting larger.We too are seeing a significant increase in membership enrollment but the loss due to death is winning out.Our Lodge is getting younger in the mean age than when I joined 30 yrs. ago.tom.

7. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5
    Expand Collapse

In my lodges, everyone gets individual attention during their degrees with the only exception being lectures.