close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

great Glock looks combined with 1911 unreliability....

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by asiparks, Dec 30, 2010.

1. asiparks

asiparks

Sep 17, 2006
    Portland. OR
    or something like that...
    even though racking the slide sounds like a large mountain of coffee cans falling over, it got through 550 rounds without a single hitch...
    It's a bit like a Landrover Defender, inelegant, but jolly effective.

The trigger is excellent, crisp with very little take up. The ridged face of the shoe s horrible and uncomfortable though, but options are about zero, unless i can score a Kimber Pro Ten or BP style replacement. There's a fair few other sharp edges on the plastic that will be getting hit with a file while i'm at it.
    Although the frame looks very bulky, it fits into my HBE and Andrews holsters snuggly...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 rounds of 45 with about the same grip circumference as a regular 1911....Although you could argue that a 2X4 and a Coke can have the same circumference too, but they feel a bit different in the hand. It certainly feels better than a G21 though...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. AA#5

AA#5

Nov 26, 2008
    So you're sayin' it's more reliable than a Gen. 4 Glock?

3. asiparks

asiparks

Sep 17, 2006
    Portland. OR
    how could i, or anyone, claim that about a specific gun ? Your gen 4 Glock ? One in a case down the road ? A gaggle of Glocks ? Your question makes zero sense.

Annnnnd, I'm not sure where I said anything of the sort anyway.....i said i went through 550 rounds of assorted 45 with no FTF's, FTE's, brass hitting me in the head or anything else untoward occuring.

Actually, f$%k it, yes, i am stating that my Kimber is more reliable than any gen 4 glock !!! Ever and with 17% less chance of taking off your index finger and thumb.....

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  4. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit
    Right on! :rofl:

5. BayouGlocker

BayouGlocker

May 12, 2010
    NW Louisiana
    Very nice... Not as pretty as steel, but obviously it gets the job done.

And I would take offense to the Glock comments.... But mine is Gen 3. :)

6. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    That is a really bold statement. Especially using a company with lots of QC issues as an example to Glock.

7. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas

There, fixed it for ya!!!!

8. I think he was giving a response to a question that deserved no response.
    Lighten up, he wasn't serious.
    read his first response and you will see how he really felt about this question.

9. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    what model is that kimber? i checked the kimber website and can't seem to find that specific model

10. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

Oct 19, 2010
    Arkansas
    It says "Polymer Pro Carry STS" on the slide, but I can't find it on their site, either.

11. asiparks

asiparks

Sep 17, 2006
    Portland. OR
    perhaps it's because I'm a Brit and inplausibly handsome, that my humor doesn't always translate....hence the thread title and pithy reposte....sorry for the confusion...

The gun is a 2nd gen Kimber Poly Pro Stainless from about 2000/01, part of a collaboration with BUL of Israel. Bul sold them under the name "M5" an then after their relationship with Kimber dissolved, had Charles Daly import them for some years. I have never found a single example of a Daly imported one however.
    Kimber developed their own poly framed hi caps, the BP ("Basic Pistol") which was selling for under $600 and the almost identical stainless slided "Ten" series that sold for $200+ more.

It feels similar in the hand to the SVI/STI hi caps, other than the polymer feels "softer". Way nicer (IMHO), than the Springfield or Para Ord hi caps.
    Mags hold 14 rounds and are, luckily, available and cheapish at $29.

It's unrefined, but as accurate (and reliable) as any other randomly selected Kimber.
    I used to own an Ultra Ten II. read all about it. but i sold it shortly after.

12. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    when glock meets browning......two worlds collide.

13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Kind of a poor-man's WC SpecOps9....but it .45. I dig it.

14. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    For those looking for one, they don't make those any more I believe.

15. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    Kimber actually made a polymer frame 1911? I had no idea.

16. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Looks nice. But, having lots of plastic in a 1911 does not make it a Glock. Not a bad thing necessary, just my opinion. IMO, the Glock will always run more reliably overall. Pristine care, pristine conditions, they'll both run the same. However, the Glock is more forgiving. That said, I prefer the 1911 much of the time... because I just like it... just because.