Great Book

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Mark Smeaton, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I decided to "master" snub shooting and, this year, bought three J frames and a 686 snub. I got a little better on my own with Google and range time, but this book by Grant Cunningham has helped more than anything else. Probably not a big help to the competition shooters, but to recreational shooters like me it was money well-spent. I got the Kindle edition and found it to be well presented:

[ame=""] Gun Digest Book of the Revolver [Paperback]: Grant Cunningham: Books@@AMEPARAM@@[/ame]

Covers all double-action revolver shooting, not just snubs.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    A great aviation photo from Facebook this am, the commie B52 and 5 generations of interceptors The Okie Corral Sep 14, 2015
    One great thing about Facebook ... The Okie Corral Oct 16, 2014
    Boring story - great booking photo Cop Talk Oct 29, 2012
    Great Hockey Fight Book The Book Rack Oct 4, 2008
    Great book on electronic surveillance and Civil Rights Tech Talk Jul 27, 2008

3. I too got the Kindle version, yesterday. I've just read the introduction and first chapter but I think it's just what you said. A great companion for Ed Lovette's book on the snubby, what with the different approaches they complement each other imo.

4. Just found Lovett's book per your post, I'll Kindle it as well. Thanks.
  5. Thanks for the review. Thought about doing this for my kindle. just wondering what kind of pic's you miss out on.
  6. It's hard to know what has been omitted in Kindle editions, the history books in particular, but these two seem to be amply illustrated.

I'm halfway through Lovette's book; Cunningham's is better on technique, Lovette's is pretty heavy on "war stories".
  7. I actually just bought Lovette's book, finished it in 2 days. Lots of stories, but he makes a lot of good points. I did notice when I looked up the kindle version, it's the older publishing, the updated and revised edition is still only available on paperback.

Sent from my phone booth
  8. I have a latest-edition hard copy of Lovette's book, and am reading the Kindle version of Cunningham's tome.

Basically, to me, Lovette's work is more from a conceptual angle, while Mr. Cunningham provides more meat and potatoes.

But hands-down the best snubbie book out there is Stephen Camp's offering... Ad.htm

He has left us, but his wife still sells copies of his published work. The above-mentioned book is chock-full of goodies and details that I've never seen anywhere else. It is definitely worth the effort to acquire.

9. After reading Lovettes book, I immediately bought Cunninghams. I'll have to check out Camps writings now, I'm glad I found another book on revolvers, snubs in particular because I couldn't put the other two books down.

Sent from my phone booth
  10. Chup

I read Lovette's Book and Cunningham's. I'm half way threw Camp's. Thanks for the lead on Camp's. Anybody know any other Snub or Revolver Books like these?
  11. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

That looks like an interesting book.
    I don't have a Kindle but I understand I can read Kindle books on my laptop. That is, if I download the software first.
    I have a question; If I buy a Kindle copy of that book can I than copy it to a disk so I can read it on my work computer?
    Thanks, I'm new to e-books.
    #10 alphacat, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012