close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grandfathers knife appraisal or any information about it appreciated.

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Bryan2010x, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Bryan2010x

Bryan2010x

Aug 1, 2005
    Hi, I have this knife that was my grandfathers. I am not sure about the background or the value. It is old, made in england and has two crosses on the blade. I put some pics up to get some feedback. This is my first time posting pictures or dealing with photobucket so if something is wrong, please excuse the error. It seems this boards members know about everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. tripton

tripton

Jan 15, 2007
    That is an interesting one.

If you dont have any luck here, you may want to post those pics over at bladeforums. Someone will be able to tell you about it over there.

3. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    Bernard Levine, at bladeforums, is *the expert*.. but we have an expert here, too.

GATE ..

IMO this is an indian/paki made export knife, using a generic english blade.

It could have been assembled in England from an imported handle but that's unlikely.

I'd say it's 60's to possibly as late as early 80's somewhere, and if older is certainly well preserved. I'm going on the leather.

Strictly IMO, no offense intended, its value is limited to sentimental.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. Bryan2010x

Bryan2010x

Aug 1, 2005
    Thank you for the info, I def appreciate it.

5. Bryan2010x

Bryan2010x

Aug 1, 2005
    I got this smith and wesson push button side exit, spring assistance knife on trade. I love it, I was told it was only issued to army, and was rare. I was just wondering what it was worth and if it was really rare.

[​IMG]