close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

gp100

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by cdjf, May 27, 2012.

1. cdjf

cdjf

Oct 25, 2010
    Mas,
    Am looking to buy a ruger gp 100 w/ 3" barrel. any thoughts on this one and any recommendations on a good holster. this is my first revolver for carry other than an old model 36 i put in a belly band for a back up.

Thanks
    justin

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    The Ruger GP100 is one of the all time great heavy duty service revolver designs, and for the past several years, they've come out of the factory with very smooth actions as a rule. They've always been inherently accurate, and should serve you well.

Mine is a 4", and I've generally used it with a Blade Tech holster for competition, and a Ted Blocker holster (IWB) or a Derry Gallagher (OWB) hip scabbard. All have served me well.

Just one guy's experience,
    Mas

3. cdjf

cdjf

Oct 25, 2010
    thanks mas,

wondering if you got a point of contact for derry gallagher, cant seem to find a working website.

Thanks again

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Haven't been in touch with him for a long time, but the last website address I had for him was dgallagherholsters.com.

Best,
    Mas

5. cdjf

cdjf

Oct 25, 2010
    that seems to be the one thats not working. appreciate the help and advice.