close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Goverment Taking your guns

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by purrrfect 10, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you think it is possible the government will take our guns like they did in Australia and destroy them all?

I just can't picture a couple vans pulling up in front of my house 8- 15 swat dressed men coming down my drive, knocking on the door saying we are here to search and take all you guns.

Could this ever happen? Your thoughts.

Why is HL security buying so much ammo?

I heard they are building concentration camps in every state, is this true? :dunno:

2. There are more armed men in the woods on opening day of deer season than there are police officers in this country. For a very good reason.

3. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    They wouldn't do it that way at first. They'd make you register the guns first, then slowly declare different types of guns illegal, make it a felony to possess them, and give amnesty for a certain period if you turn your scary guns in on time. Eventually, when almost everything will be a felony to possess, most law-abiding citizens will have turned in their guns. That way they'll only have to roll on the die-hard "criminals" with SWAT teams.

4. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    Every time I hear a lib saying "they're not coming for your guns you so-and-so..." I can't help but laugh at their complete lack of knowledge of not only history, but current, modern nations (England and Australia in particular).

5. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    Basically they'll do exactly what they're already doing in New York, California, New Jersey etc. It's already happening. The most liberal states will go first, and the madness will spread to the rest of the country. If we let it.

6. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

7. carbuncle

carbuncle is not cool.

May 27, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    This, look into the future if we allow it to happen.

8. I'm far from a 'paranoid gun nut' who believes the government is going to become totalitarian and confiscate guns. But, after seeing this video, I have to admit that anyone who denies the possibility that it could happen here is missing the point. It already has happened here and who knows if there will be a next time?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4"]NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina - YouTube[/ame]

9. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Of course it can happen. It has already happened in New Orleans as shown in the video above.

10. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    The government isn't taking my guns. Not while I'm alive anyway.

11. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    No I do not. Don't get caught up in all the he said, she said my neighbor said BS.. The gov't does not want to get into a war with it's own people. They have much bigger fish to fry. What there doing right now is taking a whole lot of SH** and throwing it against the wall and seeing what they can make stick. In the end it will be next to nothing as there are more than a few states not turning there backs on your second ammendment rights.

12. There are close to 100,000,000 gun owners in the U.S. Watching the panic of the California law enforcement "comunity" caused by one armed individual makes me wonder. What would happen if only1% of gun owners resist confiscation?

13. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Not by force. This isn't 1994. The amount of guns civilians own as well has ammo is factors above what it was then. The US doesn't have the manpower or the resources to forcefully take weapons. Many LEO's & even military folks would not turn their guns on innocent civilian populations willingly.
    If it's going to get done it will be by laws made to ban then in stages over a period of time.

14. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    I believe it was only about 1% of the American population that took up arms against the British during the American Revolution.

15. Revvv

Revvv

Jan 28, 2010
    The number of guns and amount of ammo isn't really what concerns me. The backbone, bravery, and determination of Americans is where my concern is. Would most fold or stand up and fight?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    FUDDs wouldn't fight back.

17. moonwilson

moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    Atlanta
    Most will fold. A few will stand up and fight. The recent Chris Dorner events give a pretty good illustration of how folks who stand up and fight will be treated by the media and police. Those sort of stories will become more and more common, and police methods for dealing with them will become more and more effective. Keyboard commandos who proclaim "from my cold dead hands" have that to look forward to. Once you make the decision to behave like a criminal, you will be treated as a criminal. It won't be fun or easy or glamorous. Folks who resist will be publicly humiliated, their families will be shamed and harassed. Lives will be ruined, and you will in all likelihood be killed.

18. burttrans

burttrans

Aug 17, 2012
    Don't kid yourselves guys just like in the video in New Orleans there are many situations that could arise where people would just hand their guns over. I would like to think I never would but if armed law enforcement are at your house you would be more concerned with the safetly of wife and kids and therefore would just give your guns up.

19. Bobbj22

Bobbj22

Jun 11, 2012
    Over 65,000,000 background checks were reported in 0's first term. That's 91% more than GWB's first term. People didn't buy them so they could give them away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

20. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    EXACTLY!!!!!

A single person who's identity is known; what about even 100,000 unknowns striking from the shadows and then disapearing. That is exactly use of commando raids and guerrilla fighters in conventional warfare, it is not the damage they do, it is the number of enemy forces they tie up in defense.

Every cop/national guardsman has neighbors who know who he is; while they are out visiting our homes and families; we will need to visit theirs :whistling: It does not require a toe to toe battle, just look at Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.