close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gotta give the indoor range a miss for a while

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by Houngan, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Houngan

Houngan

Jun 25, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Lead level came back in the 40s, I'm going to have to quit the indoor shoots for quite some time. I'll still be at the outdoor shoots, and I might have a good deal on a ridiculous amount of .40 masterblasters soon.

H.

2. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

Mar 13, 2003
    I'm curious to know, if you don't mind, what made you get it checked in the first place? Was it just a "while I'm here" sort of thing or were you having symptoms?

What's a tolerable lead level?

3. domzilla9

domzilla9 Phone Flinger

Mar 13, 2003
    From http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/lead/test.html#what

4. Houngan

Houngan

Jun 25, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    No symptoms to speak of, I just wanted to check.

H.

5. Berretta9

Berretta9

Feb 22, 2005
    Louisville, Ky.
    I have mine checked every six months while they are doing the normal cholesterol check. Might as well while they have you vented and all.

6. 45gunner

45gunner

Jun 30, 2005
    Just to put stuff into perspective.

Judging from the way your mag well looks I would venture to say you have shot a little more than most of the people that shoot with us.

How often have you shot indoors over the past two years or how many rounds have you shot over the past two years while indoors.

Do you primarly shoot lead or jacketed?
    What is the ratio?

7. Houngan

Houngan

Jun 25, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    I shot every Tuesday, pretty much, and the ventilation doesn't work in the bay, you'll recall. I always had the "sweet" taste of lead in my throat afterwards, and I shoot polymer-coated lead, which doesn't help. I've shot about 16k rounds this year, I'd say.

H.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Just one of the many reasons I never shoot indoors.