close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got to read this article

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by DB1985, Jul 10, 2012.

1. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    I get "Server Not Found" -- is the link messed up?

2. burket

burket

Jan 2, 2011
    Colorado
    I also get "Server Not Found" -- is the link messed up?

3. tomcon

tomcon

Aug 18, 2005
    Indiana
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    In my house the "Compliance Officer" would get a hot lead enema before finishing a sentence.

Attention Prosecutor: I don't really believe 95% of the things I post on this site, or anywhere on the internet.

5. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    Luckily, the Blaze story reports the SOB was fired "for making a false statement." He denied entering the house, but the camera didn't lie!!

6. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    So now we have to have video cameras in our homes to protect us from intrusive government employees?

If he was a thug, I don't think she could have been fast enough to arm herself. A locked door could have prevented this.

7. magiaaron

magiaaron Low Speed Ops

May 27, 2008
    Indiana
    I agree with everyone else on here. A little common sense for one's own protection could have helped her. Had her door been locked (especially while sleeping), this wouldn't have happened. On the other hand, it's a scary situation for anyone and an armed individual might very well have shot him in good faith if he woke them from their bedroom doorway.

Very scary situation. I'm glad nobody got hurt and I'm pleased to hear that he is no longer employed.

-magiaaron

8. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    That is some messed up stuff!! He easily could have been shot. If I woke from deep sleep (and like the homeowner, I cant see shinola without corrective lenses) and saw a large grey man shouting at me, I think there is a distinct possibility that it could have ended badly. At the very least the officer would probably need to change his underwear (and perhaps, I, mine.) That being said, lock your doors ppl!!

9. R4lf

R4lf

Sep 25, 2011
    Norman, OK
    Not sure she's going to press charges? how are you not sure? I'm not sure he would have left my house still alive and not on a gurney!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Dec 30, 2011
    Troy, MI
  11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Someone in this story is bucking for a darwin award.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Wow. :wow:

The county should mow her lawn for her for free. And fire the idiot, of course.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  13. r3dot

r3dot

Sep 6, 2007
    Izzerwat TX
  14. All I can say is "holy crap". But I know that I wouldn't have shot him since I lost all of my guns in a terrible boating accident.

15. Merlin40

Merlin40 Merlin40

Apr 16, 2011
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    Yours was a boating accident? I was cleaning my garage, and I guess all of them got thrown in the dumpster. Go figure