Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Got to Love a Mauser!! HD VIDEO

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Amsdorf, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Amsdorf

May 15, 2011
    Of all my non-USA mil surp rifles, I have to say that the Mausers are the most fun to shoot and frankly, the most well put together. Here's a short video I made on an M48 Mauser. I'd love to know this rifle's story, even has some Arabic on the butt stock.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. My dad had a Spanish Mauser, 7mm, all original and good condition. He had probably bought it in 1960 or so. I think I recall 1929 on it. It was shorter than the typical 8mm Mausers. It shot real nice. I never hunted with it, but did get a chance to shoot it.

My dad gave me a nice condition Samurai sword, and I guess gave the Mauser to my brother. I still have the sword. My brother sold the Mauser.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

3. Amsdorf

May 15, 2011
    Tough choice: Samuri sword or Mauser.

Of course, I'd say, "Both, please!"
  4. .45Super-Man

May 4, 2007
    The 98 Mauser action is the "stanley hammer" of rifles. I also LOVE the 8mm round, what a thumper.
  5. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Samurai sword, please, some of those are valued in the thousands
  6. Do you really think the AK has more kick and recoil?

I think the Spanish 7mm had more recoil than my Saiga 7.62x39. Not a lot more, but some.

I've never shot an 8mm, but I know it is similar to a .30-06 in numbers. So even with a heavy gun, I would have expected more recoil than an AK.
  7. Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    Mausers are addictive. I bought one K98k back in the 80's and now have a safe full of them... including Yugo M48s. I would dare say the WWII bolt actions with peep sights like the Japanese Type 99, French Mas 1936 and M1903A3 are superior.

I would seriously disagree that the AK kicks more than a Mauser. An AK-47 with a loaded magazine weighs 11lbs. A Mauser K98 variant weighs 8-9lbs depending on stock and barrel. A 198gr 8MM pill at 2500fps recoils a lot more than a 123gr projo at 2400fps. Even the little 6.5MM Mausers recoil more than an AK-47.
  8. Mike5560

Mar 6, 2005
    I can shoot hundreds of rounds through a 7.62 AK all day but halfway through a box of 196gr 8x57JS full power loads my shoulder cant decide if it wants to be numb or twitch. Heavier, faster bullet coming out of a bolt gun vs. a gas gun.

Great video! While I love Mosins and Enfields the Mausers are my favorite. Most solid action, no protruding magazine and the most pointable IMO.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  9. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    No doubt
  10. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Jan 12, 2010
    Southern New England
    I enjoy shooting my mausers, but I'm a wimp and use a recoil pad these days.
  11. SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    I like the angle of the camera when you were shooting.:wow: made me flinch a little. The Mauser and Mosin are two that I will add to my arsenal.

As for samurai swords you can get very well made "Chinese" samurai swords ranging from $300 to 4k depending on the forge, I have several and they are very sharp and will cut through bamboo and tatami mats. As for an authentic one, I am still kicking my self for selling one I had when I was young! WWII era, not fancy and low grade however it was an authentic Japanese blade.

Sorry for going off track (eye candy below)

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    Yep! Nice video.

I've sold of most of my firearm collection but my Styer Chilean 1912 re-chambered to 7.62X51 NATO remains and gets shot often.
  13. I'll have to start a separate thread with pics, maybe tomorrow or this weekend. I'll post a link in this thread :)