close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got the itch for a revolver....

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by BK63, Oct 20, 2010.

1. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    I have plenty of carry guns, shotguns, etc. One ruger mkII and a rifle but I got the itch for a 22 revolver. I was thinking Ruger single six or Bearcat? I want to do more squirrel plinking with a 22 this year and the rifle is just too easy. Opinions?

2. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    I really wanted to get the kids a Bearcat, but a lot of people tell me that they sights are not too accurate, and they are too small for adult with big hands.

I have a Single Six and love it. The only Ruger I still own and will never get rid of.

3. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    I concur the Bearcat is cute but it is just to small for my hands, and the sights are not adjustable. The Single Six is a nice gun

4. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    For squirrel hunting the single six is way better IMO. The wife has a Bearcat. It is as accurate as any .22. But the lack of adjustable sights makes it tough to hunt small animals like squirrels with.

5. BigJoe13

BigJoe13

Feb 7, 2010
    NE Arizona
    [​IMG]

Just picked this up today, 1979 Ruger New Model Single Six

6. TPK

TPK

Mar 13, 2008
    Quesnel, B.C.
    How about the Smith & Wesson 63-4? Stainless revolver, eight shot. I bought one up here with a 5.5" barrel but they are available with shorter barrels South of the 49 if you want shorter. Nice gun.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  7. As much as I like my Bearcat, it's not really an easy gun to shoot well (that's not the same as saying IT won't shoot well, it will). It has small, fixed sights, a short sight radius, a fairly heavy trigger pull, and small grips that make it somewhat difficult for a person with even average sized hands to consistently get a grip on.

All in all, a Single-Six is a "better" gun.

But I still really like my Bearcat.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  8. I'd go for the single Six with both .22 lr. and .22 mag cylinders.tom.

9. tallsaul

tallsaul

Feb 26, 2007
    ohio
    I have a stainless 5.5 single six I like but I also like the smith 17/617/18 series... For a beater the SS is tough to beat. Plenty of small game has been taken with all of them so personal choice and wallet will rule!

10. BK63

BK63

Sep 15, 2005
    CT
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to get one. Not only is it cool looking, but it's Ruger. I have been shooting my stainless MKII for over 20 years. Had it out on the trails in the woods today, but I am due for something new. I was walking the trails today thinking it's too bad we can't live 300 to 400 years because I will never wear out the MKII.

11. sailor

sailor

Jul 30, 2000
    Daphne,Al, USA