close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got out of a speeding ticket Thursday

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ashecht, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashecht

ashecht

was heading from Charlotte to Wilmington to help my son move. Was heading to go pick up a moving truck and I thought the place was open till 4:30. Wife calls and the guy says 4pm the latest. So now I am on Route 74 about 45 minutes away at about 4pm. I hit the gas, and I see an NC state trooper on the other side in my rear view mirror, cross the median and start in my direction. I am hoping he passes me, but oh no, he pulls in right behind me and flashes the lights. I pull over, hands on the wheel. Before I can get a word out, he asks me to get out and walk back to his car which is really strange to me. He tells me to get in the passenger side. as soon as I sit down, I tell him I have a loaded handgun in the car, with a CCW license in my wallet and ask him if he wants to see it. He smiles, shrugs his head and only asks for my license, not my registration which again is odd. I tell him why I am speeding, and I see him start writing, and he tells me he clocked me at 82 in a 60, and I think I am freaking screwed. I glance over, and notice his ticket book is really small, like the size of a postcard. He hands me a warning, tells me to be careful moving my sons things. I shake his hand and thank him several times. Did my CCW get me out of it....who knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.