close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got myself out of a ticket yesterday.....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Diesel_Bomber, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Got pulled over for doing 70 in a 55. I did it, I admitted it, and would have taken full responsibility for my actions. When Mr. Officer asked me if I knew why he pulled me over I said yessir and where do I sign the ticket?

Also told him about my CHL and that I was carrying right up front. Not required in my state, but I prefer to be 100% open and honest so there's no surprises.

Was a motorcycle cop in full gear, and this chunk of the country was experiencing one of the few days over 100 degrees we see. Sweat is POURING off him as he's writing the ticket. I tell him I don't hold him doing his job against him, he's more than welcome to hop in the truck with me. I'll fire her back up and we'll both enjoy the AC while he writes me up and calls me in to check on warrants and stuff. He thinks about it for about ten seconds and says OK. I crank up the truck, AC blowing cold, we crack open bottles of water from the case of water I keep in the back seat.

I know cops deal with all sorts of people, I would hope they can read people pretty well and have a pretty finely tuned BS detector. I know I'm a good guy, and I think he caught that. Before people jump in and point it out, I'll agree that getting into a vehicle with a complete stranger that you know is carrying a gun is probably a bad idea.

Anyway, we BS about cars and guns and trucks. Dispatch took about 15 minutes to get back to him, all clear of course. He tears up the ticket, says slow the hell down, thanks for the cool down and the water, goes back to his bike and rides off. :supergrin:

If you count a helmet, yes he was wearing his hat. I was open carrying and it didn't prevent this situation. My lawyer did not get involved and I will be slowing it down.

If I ever get a ticket that I DON'T deserve, I'm going to pay it and be happy. For every ticket I get, I get out of two or three, and get away with probably ten thousand things that would have earned me one had anyone who cared been watching.

2. Roro

Roro

He planted a listening device in your truck. Now you're always talking to the cops

3. Detectorist

Detectorist

Did you sweep your truck for bugs? He's after bigger fish. But we know Cops always screw people, don't we... lol

4. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Hope he enjoys the show next time my wife and I go to the drive in movies!

5. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

6. Eurodriver

Eurodriver

Thats really interesting. I'd like to hear what some other cops on here have to say about that. He could have really put himself in harms way.

I've had a somewhat similar situation - cop didn't get in the car but when I told him I had a handgun in the door pocket he reached in (putting himself quite vulnerable) to feel and make sure it was holstered (but he didn't remove it)

7. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Jesus Christ! You're not supposed to talk to cops, let alone share your car's AC with one!

:supergrin:

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Didn't happen. RickD has told us all about "motorcycle cops" several times....

Sent from the toe of my jack boot using Tapatalk 2.

9. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Penn Jillette (of Penn&Teller fame) has a podcast (Penn's Sunday School).
    On one of the podcasts, he talks about getting pulled over...he goes into about an hour-long story that's pretty entertaining; but the one line I want to try out some day went like this:
    Officer: "Sir, do you know what you did wrong?"
    Penn: "I did nothing wrong, but I suppose you're going to tell me what I did that was illegal."

Like I said, he goes on for another hour, and the story ends with Penn inviting the officer over to his house to watch movies and drink root beer, and a long explanation about why he loves the police and his theories about why the public and police often lock horns.
    Caution...Penn is about as Libertarian as is humanly possible...so some folks here will not be able to stomach his point of view.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

No, back! Back! cop lover! :supergrin: :rofl:

If you'd kissed his ass any deeper he could've skipped ten yrs worth of colonoscopies. :whistling:

Cool story. Cops are human too.

I assume when your wife finds foriegn hairs in her side of the ride, that's your story, and you're sticking to it huh?

:cool: