close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got my Sig 1911 STX,, but i'm a little concerned

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by raven11, Oct 29, 2010.

1. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I just picked up my SIG STX and it is a beautiful pistol, i haven't shot it yet but will shoot it by next month

my gunshop ordered one dircetly from SIG and one of the things i was surprised by was my STX had a rail, I can live with that it has a good look to it
    [​IMG]

something i am concerned about is the scratches on the trigger, i have never seen this before and wanted to know from the experts is that normal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    it's fairly common, especially on production guns.

if it bothers you, get a trigger track stone from Brownell's and go to work knocking the burr's off, then install a flat trigger :supergrin:

3. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    thanks Quack, I don''t think i will be changing the trigger anytime soon, I just changed out the grip and handguard on my AR and thought I had accomplished a goal on the scale of the Hoover Dam

4. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Yup, what he said.

5. custom2

custom2

Jun 5, 2009
    new hampshire
    What happened with your STX having a rail is this. The STX frame set was made with a rail by mistake. Instead of scraping the whole order, Sig decided to build an order of STX's with a rail. Since the frames and slides are matched, they couldn't just replace the frames with non railed frames. So you got a STX with a rail. This is my guess.

The scratches are due to burrs in the trigger opening. You can file it, stone it or sandpaper it smooth and then take a SS wire brush to the trigger and maybe it will come out. If not, try scotch brite pads or bead blast the trigger.

6. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    so i'm the only person in the world with a STX w/rail, maybe BAC will make a exception for this one :supergrin:

to file,stone, sandpaper, and wire brush the trigger i'm guessing i would have to remove the trigger from the handgun first?

7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    It looks good, rail or not.

Congrats on a nice 1911. In fact, its Sig's best model.

8. custom2

custom2

Jun 5, 2009
    new hampshire

I don't think you are the only person who got a railed STX. They probably made an entire order of them by mistake.

Yes, you would need to remove the trigger to fix it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  9. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    when my gunshop called SIG to order my STX they had five

so if anyone else wants one :whistling:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010