close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got cookies?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by 31F20, Aug 24, 2009.

1. 31F20

31F20
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]So I made some cookies on my new PChef pizza stone and thought I'd share.. I loosely followed the Joy of Cooking Chocolate chip recipe. in culinary terms I failed to Mise en place, that is the "proper planning of equipment and ingredients for a food preparation and assembly station". As I was hap-hazerdly collecting ingredients and tossing them into the mixer I noticed that someone had been snatching my semi sweet chocolate chips for the past three weeks. I was left with about 25 chips in the bag. I found a partial bag of butterscotch morsels and combined they made about 3/4 of a cup. They still tasted great and I liked the butterscotch twist even if it was an accident. Next time Ill remember to add some chopped walnuts.

#1 31F20, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  2. 31F20

31F20
    Expand Collapse

Oh geez...I replied to my own post..

"My stone has a surface that is BLACK and nothing sticks to it" SouthernGal.

Im trying to get there. Ive made a few frozen party pizzas and can biscuits on it. For cleaning I'm only using the scraper that came with it under hot running water.

#2 31F20, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  3. SouthernGal

SouthernGal
    Expand Collapse
    What's Up Dox?

If I can remember, I'll snap a picture of my stone this weekend and post it on Monday. :wavey: