Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Got an Older Wingmaster

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by chuck pullen, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Last week I was looking for opinions on a Remington 1100 for HD backup. Well, after thinking it over, I went conservative and got the shotgun I really wanted. It is a 1976 mfg'd Wingmaster with a 26" barrel, nice bluing and really pretty walnut furniture with fleur de lis checkering. It is really good-looking and very smooth. I plan to buy a Mossberg mfg'd 870 replacement barrel at 18.5" with a bead sight. I also plan to buy a Remington +2 mag extension b/c they make them blued, which would match. First though, I want to shoot it this weekend as is. Three questions:

1) Are the Mossberg mfg'd Remington replacement barrels blued nicely?

2) Any suggestions on the mag extension?

3) Will the +2 mag extension exceed the length of the 18.5 barrel?

Thanks for any tips or thoughts.

Chuck Pullen
  2. Fwdftw

Apr 18, 2009
    Hernando MS
    hm all i can answer is the mag extension question.. it should be dead even with the bbl

3. seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    I have a 1977 Wingmaster with 18" barrel and mag extension. The mag extension is longer than the barrel by about 1/2".

I don't like the mag extension. I will probably remove it and go back to the orignal configuration. I feel it ruins the handling of the gun.