close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got an email from kvar about 5.45 rifles

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by my762buzz, Mar 12, 2010.

1. my762buzz

my762buzz

Mar 21, 2007
    I guess they been paying attention to the recent sub $400 specials offered by other companies. LOL with a big warning at the bottom.

Here it is cut and pasted:

WHAT YOU GET STANDARD WITH ALL SLG31-61 (AK-74) RIFLES
    • Manufacturing that follows the strict guidelines set by M. T. Kalashnikov

• 100% brand new military spec parts and components

• Assembly that has been done with pride and attention to details

• Factory made brand new chrome lined hammer forged barrels

• The only AKs remanufactured in the US using NEW US made parts that are built to the original military specifications

• All U.S. made furniture (buttstocks, pistol grips, and handguards) are made using the actual molds that were used in manufacturing the original military rifles.

• Lower handgurads that incorporate Arsenal Inc’s exclusive Stainless Steel heat shield that has been proven to be 50% more effective at dissipating heat than all other heat shields available

• All rifles are test fired to ensure reliability and accuracy before leaving the Arsenal Inc. factory

•A 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty

SPECIFICATIONS: • Caliber: 5.45 x 39.5 mm

• Total Length: 927 mm (36 1/2 in.)

• Barrel Length: 415 mm (16.3 in.)

• Rifling: 4 grooves

• Twist Rate: 1 in 195 mm (7.68 in.) • Weight without Magazine: 3.31 kg (7.30 lbs.)

• Muzzle Velocity: 900 m/s (2,953 fps)

• Effective Range: 500 m (550 yds)

• Maximum Range: 1,350 m (1,480 yds)

• Rear Sight Range: 1000 m (1,094 yds)

Terms and Conditions Click here to READ

Still considering other 5.45x39 caliber rifles? Learn more facts other companies don’t want you to know below!

WARNING!

Don’t be a victim of unethical companies that sell you rifles put together from used, sub-standard, after-market parts as new rifles.
    What you get when you buy from other companies:
    • Used parts kits added to substandard receivers and barrels

• Parts that have already been used beyond their expected life span

• New Parts that are reverse engineered to look somewhat like the originals but do not offer the same quality, durability and functionality

• Rifles assembled using un-orthodox, non-standard manufacturing techniques that will not pass QA acceptance of real AK factories

• Rifles that will not pass any of the original factory gauges (none of the real manufacturers will release those rifles due to safety guidelines and liabilities)

• The embarrassment of owning of a crappy rifle

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. CarlosC

CarlosC AK Fanatic

Jan 4, 2000
    DFW area, TX
    That's my favorite!!! :supergrin:

3. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

Mar 1, 2005
    Old Dominion
    Yep, I just passed up a Century 5.45 that had the 5.56 barrel installed, got an SGL-21 instead and couldn't be happier.

4. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    :rofl: “Don’t be a victim of unethical companies”- would be a good time to mention that Izhmash considers every US-built AK a counterfeit.

“strict guidelines set by M. T. Kalashnikov” – It supposed to be a good thing? I wouldn’t trust a hammer if the technology behind it was developed by this illiterate fraud.

How do you reconcile “100% brand new military spec” and “Arsenal Inc’s exclusive”? How do you reconcile “100% brand new military spec” and “semi-auto only” when speaking of AK?

From what I understand KVar puts together nice AK look-alikes. Why the need for cheap-ass crap like that?

5. my762buzz

my762buzz

Mar 21, 2007
    Its their anti-Century campaign. The next big move besides M.K. autographed
    $5000 5.45 rifles that they showcased at the shotshow would be to get MK to do a special video ad where he compares a century wasr to a new Russian AK 103 and goes nuts on the WASR like maybe calling a fake spitting on it cussing at it in Russian and shooting at it. Well, I am just saying it seems like they are getting serious about competing with primate international arms's wasr 10.

6. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    I'd rather get a 100% Russian Saiga straight off the assembly line(does Russia have assembly lines?) and do it myself.

Oh wait, I did! Except the stock is Romanian now, but it doesn't say that anywhere on it and it's a copy of the East German folder so.........

Bottom line is that I like it and built it that way and take pride in doing just that.

7. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    None of us would have AK's if we had issues with crappy rifles!