close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got a surprise today..

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock 1, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    I have an uncle who is strapped for cash and gave me these to sell. I loves these guns. I want to keep them so bad. They need to be cleaned but the finish is 98% and the grips have very little wear. I will clean them up and post some better pics but I just got them about half an hour ago.

Old Beglium Browning Hi Power
    [​IMG]

S&W Mod 29-3
    [​IMG]

S&W Mod 27-2
    [​IMG]

Any idea of what they are worth? I looked on Gunbroker but the prices are all over the place. Is there any way to tell what year they were made?

2. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    He wants a thousand but I want to find the actual value and Gunbroker doesn't have one like this for me to compare to.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    All three are beautiful classic handguns.

The Hi Power is my favorite 9mm of all time. I'd like to get a nickel model at some point.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
  5. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Start the 27 and 29 at 650 or so if they clean up nice.

6. Finally!!! For the first time in recorded history Bac likes a handgun but doesn't have that specific model in his collection!

BTW the S&Ws can be dated by the serial numbers on the butts of the guns. If you check the inside of the crane it will give you a dash number as well. There are several references out there that will list date by serial number range.

7. The nickel BHP were only made at the time they moved production. These are not to be confused with the silver chrome. They are not seen much as a result of the limited manufacture time, hence no Gunbroker. To answer your value question, I would suspect little over 1k but that is a guess.

Drop me a message as I might be interested in all three. Where in tx are you?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  8. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    I am in Mesquite, Just east from Dallas. I will let him know today and see if he still wants to sell. The boxes came from a smoking home and overnight they have made my safe smell not new anymore. As an ex-smoker I am particularly sensitive to the smell. Not too happy about that but I should have foreseen that. I wiped the boxes exterior down but it did not help much.

MrCowboy99, I will PM you and we can talk, or er... type.

9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    :rofl::rofl:

10. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Oct 22, 2006
    Central Arizona
    Usually he has a nicer, more rare example to boot.

That's OK he is filling the final whole in his collection as soon as I can get to the UPS store. I am sending him my Jennings J22 so his other pistols can feel jealous.

11. Glock 1 I would put them in a tote box with kitty litter in it, or put them in the box with baking soda in it, but I wouldn't let the baking soda touch anything. I've done this with books in the past and it works, but it takes time. Make sure the firearms aren't in the tote, baking soda is corrosive to steel.

12. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Well, I do have some real nice Hi Powers, just not nickel. :embarassed:

13. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I look forward to it, my friend. :)

14. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Tell your uncle you will give him $2K for all three and see what he says.

If he accepts, do whatever you have to in order to come up with $2K!!!!

Whatever it takes!!!!!!:wavey:

TGG

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  15. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    $2K for all three would be a nice deal. Prices have been on the rise and I don't see that stopping anytime soon.