close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got a New Springfield!

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Vesticles, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Vesticles

Vesticles

Oct 4, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    Well... new to me anyways.

Picked it up from a friend of a friend that was hurting for cash.

[​IMG]

Took it out shooting on Saturday and it shoots like a dream. I've been a "Glock Guy" for soooo long, but I've always wanted a 1911, and after shooting it, all I could think about the Glock, looking down at it was "What was it that I saw in you in the first place?" Don't get me wrong, I still love Glocks, but now that I have a 1911, IT is the new love in my life!

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Congrats on the Loaded.

Glad you now see the light. :supergrin:

3. 1911ShooterDude

1911ShooterDude

Sep 2, 2007
    It's the history of the 1911. 100 years, major wars, the stories, etc.

Congrates!

4. iamhistory

iamhistory

Apr 7, 2003
    PA
    How much did you get it for?

You chose a hell of a 1911 for your very first one. Springfield makes a nice product and the loaded is one I'd like to have. I own and have owned several 1911's, several of them Springfields. I don't have the money to sink into a loaded but I'd love one if I could afford it.

Nice gun.

5. Vesticles

Vesticles

Oct 4, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    $500.

When I told the guys on the 4x4 forum I'm on, one guy asked how I slept at night knowing I pretty much stole it from the guy, and I said "with a new 1911 under my pillow!" :supergrin:

6. 1911ShooterDude

1911ShooterDude

Sep 2, 2007
    No doubt!

7. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

Mar 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    A bargain is a bargain no matter what you call it. Nice gun, I'm a converted Glock guy myself. If you're married, for gods sake don't let your wife shoot it. She'll want one too!! This is the voice of experience talking.

8. Your going to think I'm nuts but what makes them loaded> i own one. looks like mine..:embarassed:

9. just a shooter

just a shooter

Feb 7, 2007
    great! I have the same model exactly.

now, go to Cylinder and slide and get their tactical trigger parts and a new "non-lock" back strap and REALLY watch that gun shine.

you'll be hitting 10" pie plates at 50 yards with your eyes closed.

10. rottboy_8

rottboy_8

Feb 13, 2010
    HI
    Sweet looker!!! Super buy!!!! Congrats!!!!
    Here's an opposite view. Started my pistol life with a WWII 1911 Government which rattled me crazy. It still shot good and I never looked backed. But technology has moved forward and purchased my G17 three weeks ago. Its simplicity, quality and reliabilty continue to amaze me. Compared to a government 1911, carrying any Glock is like wearing an extra pair of jockey shorts.
    Now my armory has both the old and new world. They're all good. Next financially achievable purchase will be a G22. Wouldn't mind a DW Valor or any Les Baer model but the wallet just is too dry. Enjoy shooting your new puppy and give us your range impressions. Happy shooting!!!!:supergrin:

11. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    "Naked, with your mom." :supergrin:

12. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    :rofl::rofl: