Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Got a new G22. Which recoil spring to buy?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by PellaImpervia, Jan 28, 2010.

1. PellaImpervia

Jan 22, 2010
    New glock owner here, picked up a G22 RTF with Trijicon night sights last week. Now, after putting in the lightning strike 3.5lb connector to replace the horrid stock one, I need some advice on what to get to reduce recoil. Not that recoil is awful, it's just that it CAN be reduced apperantly.

Recoil springs/guide rods: Which ones will reduce recoil for the G22? I'm assuming a SS/Tungsten guide rod(not for recoil but for other purposes) but which spring?

Paid 500 for the G22 RTF with the night sights, it was brand new. Did I get a good deal?
  2. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Sep 11, 2005
    Four Corners

3. SIUC4

SIUC4 Glockness

Apr 16, 2009
    You have already done too much..HORRID stock connector? WoW.
  4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Leave it be,......the more doo-dads and gadgets you add,
    the farther away from 100% reliability it will be.
  5. GRR

Dec 29, 2004
    Bessemer, AL
    I run a 13# ISMI spring on the stock guide rod in my 35.
  6. PellaImpervia

Jan 22, 2010
    Well I'm coming from an FNP, I'm used to a godlike trigger
  7. Sw1tch

Nov 17, 2009
    Orono, ME
    Be careful when adding different recoil springs. Glocks are known for near 100% reliability with all stock components and when you add aftermarket stuff things can get funky.
  8. highprimer

Nov 14, 2006
    DFW TX
    I've been using aftermarket recoil springs/rods since the mid 90's and have had zero failures in tens of thousands of rounds that can be traced back to the spring.

That being said I only use the factory weight (G22's, 17's and more recently 37's) springs.
    I have identical results with ISMI and Wolff.

Unless your loading lower power ammo then I would stay away from anything but stock weight.

For your purposes, I doubt replacing the guide rod/spring will give you any reduction in felt recoil.

just keep practicing and eventually you will get used to it.
  9. Ticman

Jul 25, 2008
    Stay away from the recoil buffer. Do a search on here and you'll see where people who tried them have had problems.

Not sure you actually get a reduction on recoil with different weight springs but it does feel different.

If you just want a steel guide rod I would recommend the Wolff uncaptured stainless steel with the Wolff springs. You can get a 17 pound (stock weight) and heavier or lighter as well. I have a 22 pound spring in my G35 but I have a 357 sig conversion barrel in it. I like the 20 pound spring when shooting 40 cal in the 35. Stay away from Tungsten, cost to much and brittle as well. In my EDC G23 I have a 19 pound wolff spring. (1 pound more that stock)

Oh, a good steel guide rod is every bit as reliable as the stock rod.

As far as connectors go Scherer, LWD and Ghost gets high marks most of the time on here. I have the Ghost Rocket in both my Glocks.

G22 with nights sights for 500, yes you got a good deal.
  10. Master the stock Glock trigger and you'll hate everything else. Like many have said, leave it stock and shoot it. Shoot more, mod less.