close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

got a new desert eagle :)

Discussion in 'Desert Eagle Club' started by BigEAGLE, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    I shot one maybe eight years ago. Friend had money to burn when he got home. It was really fun... Went into a box and we've never shot it since.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Most don't have many rounds though them.

3. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    They're definitely louder than a 44mag.

4. crazycathed

crazycathed

Feb 16, 2009
    cincinnati
    got ahold of a desert eagle IMI 44 mag in black

5. I also have the .50 and the .44......

You'll love shooting the 44 :supergrin:

6. SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Aug 19, 2006
    NW FLA.
    I have one of the oldest DE's around. (I believe that we talked about this awhile back) Only one older showed up.

It is still going strong with guessing 1000-1200 rds thru it. Mostly my high power handloads used for hunting. Origionally the 265gr Hornady and now the 300gr XTP's. This gun has killed moose,black bear,deer,hogs,and several unfortunate coyotes.

It is a origional MKI made in Israel and wears OEM IMI orange/white sights. I bought this gun used(as new) back in 1989. Still hunting with it. --- SAWMAN

7. Ted the Ninja

Ted the Ninja

Apr 16, 2011
    Kentucky
    I miss mine now... I've had two black .50's. I don't reload, so if you're looking for brass, PM me. I have quite a bit and if you'll pay shipping, it's just taking up space here.

8. Doug Fresh

Doug Fresh NRA MEMBER

Feb 11, 2008
    MA land of the lo-cap
    At a bowling pin shoot a couple years back a guy had a DE in .44 mag that couldnt shoot more than one round before jamming. I don't know what the problem was.

9. Cletus

Cletus

Mar 9, 2011
    Atlanta
    The 50ae is really not that bad to shoot one handed at all. I'm 5'9" 160 with fairly large hands and I had no problem. The S&W 500 is much worse. It actually hurts to shoot imho. I love the gun. If I had $1,500 to blow I would not mind one at all. Always fun to shoot at an indoor range next to a girl and or girly man:rofl:especially when they see the two foot halo fire ball explode from the muzzle.

10. Ted the Ninja

Ted the Ninja

Apr 16, 2011
    Kentucky
    Yeah, I'm a pretty big guy so it may be different for you, but as long as your grip is tight, you shouldn't have too much trouble firing one handed. The trick after that is follow up shots. Managable recoil, but hard to maintain sight picture with one hand. Fun though, and you will get the looks like, "Really?":crying:

11. crazycathed

crazycathed

Feb 16, 2009
    cincinnati
    I'm up to 4 deagles now. just bought another black 50