close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

got a new desert eagle :)

Discussion in 'Desert Eagle Club' started by BigEAGLE, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BigEAGLE

BigEAGLE NRA MEMBER

Mar 22, 2003
    pa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :supergrin:
    also ordered a lee turret press kit and .50ae dies:)

2. Kang

Kang

Jul 25, 2009
    TN
    Is that the newer de that's made here in the states or the older one made over seas?

3. BigEAGLE

BigEAGLE NRA MEMBER

Mar 22, 2003
    pa
    it's the made in USA model here's a vid [ame]http://youtu.be/n_0cBUkigO8[/ame]

4. Kang

Kang

Jul 25, 2009
    TN
    So how do you like it? Have you ever compared it to the older de? I have the older 1 in chrome and love it

5. BigEAGLE

BigEAGLE NRA MEMBER

Mar 22, 2003
    pa
    i used to have a mark vii in 44 magnum and a mark xix in .50ae both made by imi. ended up selling them and kicked myself ever since. i loved those guns:). so i got this one. haven't shot it yet. i got one 20rnd box of ammo .50magnum) magnum research ammo. and 2 5 packs of the magsafe 2000+fps ammo..50ae is backordered everywhere online :( except the 35$-55$ boxes. my reloading kit should be here this week. then i need to order bullets n brass n primers n powder. all the desert eagles i had were in the black oxide finish. the usa models black finish is nicer than the two older ones i had. the trigger is nicer too. i like the older safety on the older models better though. i just hope it shoots as good as the older ones.

6. BigEAGLE

BigEAGLE NRA MEMBER

Mar 22, 2003
    pa
  7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  8. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

Very cool. Shot one round of .50AE when a friend of a friend brought one to the range. There is a reason why the calibre is not offered in a smaller framed polymer pistol.

9. Many people say negative things...personally I think it just about as awesome a gun can get..although of course not practical for everyday use

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  10. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Its usually from the crowd that feels every firearm must have a practical purpose.

11. crazycathed

crazycathed

Feb 16, 2009
    cincinnati
    I bought a 50 with a compensator last week. and a baby 9 this week. seems that the DE has more kick than the S&W

12. I'm at a bit of a loss... the DE has more kick than "the s&w"?.... the "s&w" what?

13. probably means the S&W 500 magnum.

14. You could be right, however although I have never shot the 500 magnum, I've read the recoil is significantly worse than the 50ae..

15. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I find the DE worse. The 500 mag has about twice the power, but I can let the revolver roll back in my wrists. The DE's recoil is straight back into my shoulders.

16. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Here's a couple pics of the DE with the brushed chrome finish. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    lol my favorite part of the video is when you pick up the gun and point it right at the camera/yourself?! Had a little chuckle :)

Sweet buy though! I wouldn't mind having one someday. Is there anything really different in the USA vs. foreign models?

18. crazycathed

crazycathed

Feb 16, 2009
    cincinnati
    I meant the 500 S&W. I can shoot it one handed, but wouldn't dare try it with the deagle. maybe it's because the grip is wider. the bullet weight was different also but dont think that would have a significant impat on recoil. was only a 50gr difference.

19. There were some guys shooting one at the range yesterday (I had never seen one fired previously), I could not believe how LOUD it was! :O

I mean I expected it to be loud, but I swear it was louder than either my old .44 Mag or 12 ga. WOW! Don't light that thing off in the house if someone breaks in!