close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got a New .22 today...

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by 3rdgen40, Mar 9, 2010.

1. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    I picked up a brand new Ruger 10/22 today.Had one many years ago and had lots of fun hunting and plinking with it.So, I decided to get back to the basics and get a gun I can have fun with and shoot all day long for a few bucks.Going to hit the range Saturday with a brick of ammo.I'll get it sighted in with the iron sights first then I might throw a BSA red dot sight on it that I have laying around.Next payday I'll pick up a couple more mags for it.Might buy a couple other goodies for it, but plan to keep it mostly stock.
    [​IMG]

2. waynokarider01

waynokarider01

Sep 29, 2009
    Congratulations. I bought my first 10/22 in about 1987. I haven't felt the need to fire my Marlin 60 in at least 20 years. Not saying anything bad about the Marlin, I just like the Rugers that much more.

3. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    Brings back memories, a Marlin 60 was the first gun I ever shot.

To the OP: Congrats on the 10/22!

4. boozer

boozer

Jul 24, 2007
    Hilltop, USA
    I like the black and "stainless" look!

I got a finicky 10/22 last year, now I can take it apart and put it together like nothing.

5. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    They are pretty easy to detail strip.I have a Remington 597 too.It's a real pain in the arse to get the guide rods/springs back in it.Ruger has a much better design.

6. LilWolfess

LilWolfess

Feb 5, 2010
    NW MN
    I'm also a fan of the stainless and black look. You can't go wrong with the 10/22, I know that I plan on never selling mine!

7. Congratulations on the new 10/22. Great little rifles.

8. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Congrats on the 10/22, it's on my list of guns, that everyone should own at least one of! :cool:

9. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A

Congrats!

I wish I could maintain your mindset. I got into the whole "10/22 reassembly" thing a couple of years back...Fun as heck, but talk about a money pit!!! :shocked:

Oh well -- I guess it keeps me out of trouble... :)