close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got a mec jr

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by bob_fuller, Jan 3, 2010.

1. bob_fuller

bob_fuller

Nov 8, 2008
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Picked up a mec jr in 12 gauge yesterrday as a Christmas present to myself. I cranked out 50 beautiful rounds last night... I love this thing. That is all

2. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Kentucky
    I bought mine used in 1982 and it is still very serviceable. Great re-loader!!

3. CaptToyota

CaptToyota

Jan 31, 2003
    Troy, Ohio
    Had my 600JR since maybe 1988/1989 era.. good press, aint loaded anything in a long time with it.

Need to get some replacement bottles, neck cracked right off 1 of them a long time ago

4. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    The only way you can go wrong with a MEC is if you drop it on your foot.

Jack

5. TheLastBoyscout

TheLastBoyscout

Nov 8, 2005
    DFW-Texas
    I have one. Probably have loaded close to 2500 rounds on it in the last year and a half. Great unit, easy to use and did'nt break the bank to get one.

6. BuffaloBo

BuffaloBo

Jun 22, 2004
    Last fall I bought a used versa-mec (pre 82) for a song. Polished it up a bit, bought a 6 point crimp starter and a couple new plastic bottles from the factory, and I'm good to go. I think it is almost identical to the 600 jr.

7. srd

srd

Apr 4, 2009
    You cant go wrong with the 600 jr. That design has been around for a long time. Thats why i bought one for my daughter. great investment and will last for a long time with parts readily available if need be.

8. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham Footlong Jr.

Sep 7, 2001
    Kokomo Indiana
    I got my MEC 600 JR in 1978.

I Finally had to take it off my reloading bench last year to make room for a marble slab for the digital scale.

9. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    I've owned other, more complicated MEC loaders, but have gone back to the 600 jr. for all of my loading. It is so fool proof, unlike me. I never get in trouble with it, unless I forget to advance the shell before dropping powder. It's time to quit if that happens.