close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Got a Gen 1 today

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by shadow_dog, Jul 29, 2011.

1. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Mar 6, 2004
    SW Ohio
    Finally bought myself a gen 1 today. Went to a Pawn/Gunshop that is somewhat local to me. Hadn't been there in about 3 years. Looked around and they had a Gen 1 in the showcase. I checked it out, super clean inside and out, and hardly any wear internally. Some slight wear on the slide, no box, just pistol. Wound up buying it. Probably paid too much but I had wanted one for awhile and what I did find was in worse shape and more expensive. I paid $425 otd. Serial # AW4xx, barrel code is PTH. Any idea when it was made? Have to admit it feels better in my hand than my gen 2 or gen 3's.

2. JHorner_G17C

JHorner_G17C ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 4, 2007
    Nebraska
    If barrel serial is diff then its not original....... AFAIK

3. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Mar 6, 2004
    SW Ohio
    Serial # on barrel does match. There is an alpha code on barrel that is manufacture month and year AFAIK, just don't know how to figure it out.

4. B.Mauser

B.Mauser

Oct 11, 2002
    Thornton Colorado
    Don't know about the code on the barrel but the serial number says its a September 1986. That's an old one!

5. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

Feb 5, 2011
    America
    I got a Gen 1 today myself...and one Gen 2 mod 19...collection is growing

6. John Eastwood

John Eastwood

Mar 14, 2011
    Man that's pretty. When you wanna let one go (G17)...holler at me 1st.

7. P...Aug
    T...8
    H...6

8. SamNVegas

SamNVegas

Feb 3, 2007
    Fernley, NV
    I had this Ruger P94 I received on a trade sometime back, but really had no use for. I saw a Gen 1 G17 a couple weeks back and it too was darn near flawless inside, quite possible a police issue gun. Nonetheless, after the dealer tried to work me for $150 difference, I flat out told him I wasn't paying anything to give him a shiny new gun for that old thing. He agreed and traded me straight. Ended up costing me roughly $390. Date coded for Dec. '85!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011