close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Got a Beretta 92 FS . . . For FREE!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by madAB, Nov 16, 2012.

1. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    Now that just hacks me off! :supergrin:

Seriously, that is quite a stroke of luck. That is a really nice pistol - congratulations. And yes, do something nice for the lady. After you take that baby to the range.

2. OK it was free but what was the transfer fee through your FFL?

3. mortpes

mortpes

Oct 1, 2006
    Run the numbers just in case.

4. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Jul 13, 2003
    Canada
    Best advice so far.
    Otherwise congratulations!
    Excellent pistol.

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Dang, that's awesome.

Congrats on a great pistol! ::cool:

6. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Build the Wall

Nice, congrats!

A friend of mine gave me his Beretta 950BS in .25ACP last year. Gorgeous gun, the bluing is absolutely beautiful:wow:

Free guns ROCK!!!:rock:

Enjoy it:wavey:

TGG

7. alank2

alank2

May 24, 2004
    Hi,

Absolutely - you need to get her a very nice gift card someplace and mail it off!

Congrats, looks very nice!

Alan

8. You think that is something. I was walking down the street and some guy paid me $800 to take an unfired new in the box Colt Gold Cup 1911 off his hands.

Turns out it was chambered in .45GAP. He said no take backs. Now what am I going to do with it :)

9. Yeah, I thought the barrel looked short. Get the ruler out. It is probably 4.4" instead of 4.9"

10. madAB

madAB

Jan 12, 2009
    Transfer at my local FFL was $20.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. Trust me, this is the first time something like this has happened to me. I will be sending her a thank you card with some sort of gift certificate / card.

P.S. her husband is alive and well. I do know this lady, and I know the gun is clean. She bought it at her local gun store and is friends with the owner.

11. madAB

madAB

Jan 12, 2009
    Yes, it is the Centurion model. I actually was not aware of them until reading the posts so thank you GT world. I learned something new. I thought the barrel looked shorter than a standard one to me, but I hadn't looked into it yet.

12. madAB

madAB

Jan 12, 2009
    Thanks you. Yes, it does have night sights.