close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GOP Hides on Immigration

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Jun 9, 2012.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Why should the GOP get involved in what is clearly a state (Arizona) issue?
    (I learned that from you Ron Paul supporters)

What are the democrats doing about immigration?

Hmm, let's see!

Democrats want all the illegals giving amnesty, registered as democrat voters and immediately given a monthly welfare check.

But, we need to worry about what the GOP is doing? :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

2. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    Obama has deported more than his republican predecessor.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Do you have a source for that?

4. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

May 13, 2010

Jorge Busho lost much of his support because of his treasonous views on illegal immigration, so that's really a lame comparison, even if true.

5. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

Mar 23, 2010
    Texas
    Not really, states are more involved than ever before. It's in spite of his administration not because of it.
    Left to his administration those deport numbers would probably be down.
    Oh and I do have a link for source and I found a nice "moderate" source for you. There are others if you care to look.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-10-19/...igrants-criminal-alien-program?_s=PM:POLITICS

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  6. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    Why because it does not fit your needed ideological, emotional any hegemonic views.

Here is what ur self serving statement really says: "Obama is evil, oh, he does something we
    Want better than our own, well then he is still evil because our own were traitors on whatever issue Obama does the way we want it..."

7. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

May 13, 2010
    There are so many flaws in your logic it's hard to know where to start.

Zero has done nothing. It's during his impotent term that certain states have decided to solve their own problems re crimigrant illegals.

The fact is that zero has sued (Arizona) to stop them from deporting these criminals.

Stop posting before you make yourself out to be a total jackass.

Oops. Too late.

:rofl:

8. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    + 1 :rofl:

9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    If only I could write the plank on immigration for both parties.

10. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    Doc, not only does what you wrote make perfect sense it could also be a winning issue if only the cowardly GOP would use it. By huge margins, every poll I've seen--without exception--shows that people want illegal immigration ended and those here illegally expelled. Interestingly, I've seen several polls which indicate that a majority want a time out on legal immigration. So what is the GOP's problem? Do they want cheap labor or are they afraid of the Democrats calling them names?

And JBnTX don't give me that blarney about how the Democrats are no better. We ALL know that. Hell, they suck on every issue but the GOP is supposed to be better, isn't it?
    If not, then I guess it makes no difference who wins the next election.

It's getting hard to escape the conclusion that both parties hate this country's founding people and want to replace us with someone else.

11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    It seems like common sense to me, but the elite in both of the two large parties don't want to rock the boat. The Republicans want to keep getting those campaign contributions from friends that are making a profit by bringing in illegal alien labor. The Democrats are getting some of the same money, and they are certain the Illegals will vote for them.

Both are wrong. There are more than just two players here.
    The Truth About ‘La Raza’

The drug cartels, human trafficking, and a wide open invitation to Al Queda to arrive through our southern borders......

It's a problem, no one wants to pay attention too. Except for most of us.

12. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Nothing will happen on illegal aliens. Neither party will act. Both see the illegal alien population as a political opportunity. That is reality. To expect anything else is an exercise in fantasy.

13. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    That's what the GOP actually did under Reagan and Big Bush and Bush the Lesser tried to do it as well.

14. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    Numisis, state can't deport.

15. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    More people are being deported because there are more detention facilities allowing them to be temporarily held. Without room to hold them, ICE has no choice but to let them go without being deported. Lack of detention space is still the limiting factor in deportations. Given that it takes years for facilities like these to be built, Bush can get the credit for it...just like with oil and gas drilling permits.