Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Goodbye Glock 20 Beast

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by inspectorjj, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Hey gang, times have gotten tough. I have decided to sell my Glock 20 beast. Let me know what you guys think I should ask for it based on the information below:

Gen 3 Glock 20 w/box,test casings,cleaning brush, etc.<700 rounds - $570
    (+ original barrel, guiderod spring, slide stop. etc.)
    Lone Wolf standard barrel with target crown - $109
    Lone Wolf 6" barrel 4 external ports - $124
    Cold Bore Customs Grip reduction and trigger undercut - $145
    Mepro adjustable night sites - $120
    Titanium safety plunger $30
    Stainless guiderod and 22 lb. spring - $49
    Extended slide stop - $19
    Extra 10 rnd. mag (3 total) - $26

Your realistic thoughts will be appreciated.
  2. G29SF

Oct 24, 2011
    Highland, IL
    That sucks. Sorry you have to sell. Hope things improve before you have to go through with the sell.

Like most things, you probably will make more money (or rather lessen the loss) if you sell some of those things separately.

From a buyers standpoint, if everything on your list is available new, you probably wont get anywhere near close to retail. I'm not good at pricing used firearms though...

3. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Jul 22, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    I like g29's idea. Return the gun to stock and sell it. Then sell off the extra parts as best you can on here. Maybe throw in one or two with the gun to sweeten up the deal for a potential buyer...
  4. 21Carrier

21Carrier Until I Gota 29

Feb 4, 2011
    Hoover, AL
    Sorry, JJ. I know you hate to part with it. Things will get better, and I'm sure you will own another soon. I agree that you should return it to stock (if you still have the stock parts), and part it out. Another option would be to sell just the gun, and keep the aftermarket parts (if that would even help). You could save them for the next gun. Hopefully, the grip reduction won't kill the resale value. I would try to sell it on the internet where you will have the largest amount of views, and hopefully find someone that knows how good Cold Bore's work is. Surely someone will appreciate a G20 with a grip reduction. Good luck.
  5. Reboot

Sep 13, 2011
    I agree with selling all of the non-stock parts off separately. If you do I'd be interested in buying your LWD standard barrel. Just PM me your asking price.

"If I were in your place" I would probably list the G20 with standard parts with grip reduction and trigger undercut (since you can't separate them) for $550 - $600 OBO. Let your buyers negotiate with you from there. Then sell off all of your other parts since more than likely someone will want them.

I'd say you'd still have to somewhat discount the used parts as well because people will otherwise just go buy new. I would think it has to be worth it to buy used so pricing must reflect that.

IF you weren't in any bind and had all the time in the world then just post it for whatever price you want and wait for that 1 highest bidder.

Good luck and I hope you get past the tough times quickly.
  6. attrapereves

Sep 11, 2011
    Definitely sell all of the accessories separately. However, I think you are asking a bit too much for the pistol. I believe you can get a brand new G20 from Buds for around $540. The last few used G20s I've seen usually sell for around $500. Just something to consider.

Good luck with the sale :cool:
  7. oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010
    Tough times never last; tough people do.

I wish you well my friend....:supergrin:

8. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Second2None

I'll take that six inch barrel off you. Pm me if you want to do it
  9. LOL Bob, Do you mean tough enough to take 7-11s?

I'll send you a PM.

One bit of information that I didn't give. Since I'm hurting, my asking price for the whole "kit and kaboodle" was $800 or best offer.
  10. Incidentally Bob, I will listed on Calguns today once I get photos taken.
  11. Reboot

Sep 13, 2011
    $800 sounds like a fair price for the entire package. It might be harder to find someone to snap all of it up at once though. But you might get lucky.

I've had great experiences selling guns & parts on calguns too.
  12. Burien

Aug 19, 2009
  13. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Yea, sorry to have to sell. I might snap up one of your barrels from ya if the price is right. Let me know via PM if you have problems parting with it.
  14. Sunny Los Angeles
  15. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Jul 26, 2002

$800.00 to start, and NOT a cent below $700.00 amigo. That would be some loss, but a very easy sell.

You just got to forget about these particular items:

Cold Bore Customs Grip reduction and trigger undercut - $145
    Mepro adjustable night sites - $120
    Titanium safety plunger $30
    Stainless guiderod and 22 lb. spring - $49
    Extended slide stop - $19
    Extra 10 rnd. mag (3 total) - $26

I counted the barrels in the deal though...

I drove in to Dallas to a gun show a few weeks ago with a G30 I paid 500.00 for new, and a new OEM barrel (i had bought new at one time from Glock 148.00). Walking the isle looking at other things I had several nibbles, and then the 'bite, and the hook was set.' Sold it all to a guy for $ 600.00. Lost $ 48.00.

There is "ALWAYS," some one who will want what you got bad enough, and has the itch and the money. Being honest in your dealings, and point out ALL the stuff you have in the gun (copied out on paper), and telling him "man, i do need to sell it, so I knocked off all these items here, so your getting a heck of a deal," etc etc... And the truth is. They are ! Your not ripping off any one at this price.

You are taking a small hit, but the items in "blue i listed here," forget those my friend." But I surely would charge for the barrels as per what would be my starting price of 800.00.

Man point out that that a NIB will cost them "out the door," 600.00 to 650.00 (at least in TX they will even at a gun show, so look what all your getting here sir for 800.00 bucks ! Well I don't need all those barrels man,' the guy says, 'but I would buy just the gun from ya.' Ok, you can have the gun alone for 650.00, then come down to 600.00. You can sell those barrels to some GT guys more than likely, and recoupe some $$$ back.

Just some thoughts for ya, all meant as suggestions amigo. I been there and done that many times. Selling guns ain't that much different from selling livestock, cattle and horses. You present what ya got, and some one some where on the planet will be the guy who wants it, and "at your price." ;)

Hang in there, and I pray times get better for ya. I know it is a bummer, but remember man, it is just a hunk of plastic and steel, and you will get it all back again some day. ;)

Best to ya amigo.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  16. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

Jul 27, 2011
    It always sucks to have to sell a gun. I guess I've been fortunate, since I've only done so to raise money to buy a different gun.

Anyway, I agree with the others' advice to return the pistol to stock and sell the aftermarket parts seperately... especially since you've had a grip reduction done, and a brand new G20-SF goes for ~$550.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
  17. blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    I would sell this before my 20. And all it's old S&W Blue Box Ammo. Every time I take it to the range folks start reaching in there pockets to try to get it when I start touching off very hot .357's and taking out bull.
    My 20 and CZ-52 are my war arms. Don't need my AK or other long guns if I have these.

I hope stuff gets better for you soon. And to think I almost quit my job of darn near 12 years today over a brown nosing witch and the constant Chinese fire drill that happens every day. I'm sick of kissing ass like fags in a bath house!

I would dump my M&P .45 before the 20
    And I like this pistol!

If you have to sell your 20. I would target your shooting market for the pistol. I myself would not part it out. Present as is to folks that know the shooter and have seen the mods and take from there.

If you bought the pistol right and paid for and have doc's to support the mods it will sell in our culture private. I get offers everytime I shoot anything I own at my local range. Even the pawn shp creeps have figured out my stuff rocks!

Good Luck and my thoughts are with you.
  18. Thanks for the thoughts gang.
  19. blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    My heart hurts for you inspector........ :( Not the 20. You have to have something else?
  20. blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    I would not give up one gun to stay in the LA area. Not one Oz of steel or plastic!

I lived in the OC years ago in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach. When it looked liked it was going to cost me 1 cent more than my time was worth. I sold out and came back to Arkansas and thus Oklahoma.

I would not sell any gun to stay in LA. I would take this as a time of awareness and run!

Bless Your Heart..... RUN!!!!! NOW!!!!!!