close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Good Tumbler for a good price

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by twag4, Jan 6, 2012.

1. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
  2. atakawow

atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I don't know what the definition of a "good" tumbler is. What I do know is that my $40 Cabela's tumbler is two years old and is still running just as good as the day it was purchased.

3. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

Feb 22, 2010
    Ohio
    I'm partial to my old Dillon but, for the money Lyman has several good ones. My experience with Midway tumblers has not been good.

4. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  5. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Forgot to add I'm working on a way to plumb lines that run to a small fitler/pump, so My wet media will always been clean..

6. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    It's a hornady tumbler on sale. Cleans 500 or so 9mm rounds easily.

7. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Works well, quiet, good size, very fair price. Don't have a cabelas and it is now two years later.

8. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Yes, but the wing nut that holds the lid on is on backorder and will ship seperately for $15.00 S/H.

9. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I bought my RCBS tumbler from Midway, it's the same as the Horandy, but green. It runs strong holds 500-9mm or 300-.223 cases easily. I like the bowl design better than my small Dillon as it moves the media/brass much faster given the exact same amount. The switch on the cord is handy and it's very well built.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  10. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

Feb 22, 2010
    Ohio
    I see, I'm sure the Hornady would be an upgrade from the Midway "house brand". :supergrin:

11. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    No kidding. My normal frustration with midway is that they seem to only put items on sale that are out of stock. Then, no rainchecks.

12. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I like when they list things as "Not in stock, no backorder". Then why list it if it unobtainable?

13. twag4

twag4

Feb 28, 2010
    Alabama
    You're right. It is exactly the same as the RCBS for $20 less. That is why I bought one a year ago. I'm really happy with mine. Pretty regularly read someone new looking for one, thought I'd share the info.

14. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Some would say that changing the color changes everything. Do they make it in Blue?:whistling:

15. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Mar 6, 2003
    Lynnwood, WA
    I can not say that my experiances with Midway has been bad at all. They are my go to internet shooting accessory supplier. I tend to place my items on a wish list then let the list grow to $200 in items then order. The ship super fast and my prefered delivery mode is priority mail. Admittedly I reserve buying smaller ticket items from them and tend to use Amazon for larger ticket items. For instance I just got a Tipton best gun vice for $84 shipped free and got free 2 day delivery with my Amazon Prime account.

16. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    My Dillon is somewhere close to two decades old and still going strong. So it it was well worth the higher price.

17. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    I never had a bad experience with them either. I haven't had much recent experience with them because I refuse to pay seperate shipping on BO and any order I try to put togeather has at least one BO item.

18. snowwdog

snowwdog snowwdog

Nov 30, 2011
    georgia
    my dillon is about 13 years old and still running fine.

19. I have a 2 year old Frankfart Arsenal that is on its last legs. Bought a Hornady to replace it but I'm going to send it back. The Hornady is much quieter but does not clean as well and the volume is less. Not sure what else to get. May try the Harbour Freight model or a Lyman.

20. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    My Midway Tumbler is about 4 years old. Every time I use it I wish I bought something that worked a little better. It gets the cases clean but not close to shinny. Even with 4 yours of tumbling on cases that aren't that dirty. Not that it maters but I wouldn't mind a little bit shiner brass.