close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Good source for IV fluids, anybody know one

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Dalton Wayne, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    As many of you know I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic/Police officer, retired working on building back up my kit, so far I can intubate, do chest decompression, Emergency tracheotomy, suture, I have Quick clot, Israeli bandage several, cat tourniquet. IV supplies.
    However can't locate a good source for ringers, D5W, or normal saline, If I still lived in Michigan I could get them from where I retired from.
    I want to be able to have a top notch blow out kit, I can do everything field medics in the military can do I even have prescription pain med's in my kit.
    Anyone have a source for IV fluids.

2. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Not really. I have problems getting bags from my service. If I recall correctly they are considered prescription so that limits on buying them from a catalog.

3. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

Jan 25, 2008
    SW Ohio
    Not without a drug license. What are you planning on using this kit for?

4. Get some hextend if you can find it. Great for massive hemorage and evac times of up to 8 hours. No leads on where to get it though. Good luck.

5. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Our ordering purchase system considers it by prescription only as well... you could try hooking up with a local CERT/ERT/whatever goes for a disaster response team in your area and see if they need a medic. If they have one they should have a medical director (and if they don't they can get one) and you're in business. Not the easiest way, but it's the legal way (most of the members I met keep their gear with them, so you'd have access if needed).