close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Good Pistol Class in Southeast

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by thegriz18, Jan 21, 2010.

1. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    I've been thinking about taking a pistol class, and have looked at Fighting Pistol from Tactical Response. Has anyone taken this class? Can you compare it to other classes? Good, bad? I am in Atlanta, so I am looking for classes within driving range of Atlanta. Any input is appreciated!

2. chuckman

chuckman

Nov 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Come to NC. between Larry Vickers, TigerSwan, Grey Group Training, and about a half-dozen others, you'll find something. Google Grey Group and look at their training calendar, as it is a clearing house of many instructors and includes classes in different parts of the country.

3. W4CNG

W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    Tactical Response is doing one in NW GA March 6-7. Gabe Suarez is doing one in NE Alabama the same weekend (listed as Chattanooga, TN). The two classes are about 50 miles apart. Both Companies sell DVD's that are somewhat similar to the classes, I have both. I am signed up for one of these classes.

4. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    Which one?

5. Check your PM. I sent you a message last week about training in SE Tennessee.

6. W4CNG

W4CNG

Sep 19, 2002
    In the Gun Room
    I will be training with Randy Harris (above) in NE Alabama. I just got 5 more G-19 Mags today for the course so I don't have to reload mags so often.....

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Shootrite Academy
    Maybe Central Alabama pistol club (think that is their name, check IDPA website for some more info. They are in the Montgomery area.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  8. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
    Got it. Thanks.

9. We are having a defensive pistol class the end of this month in south Al. It is a Suarez class. Also a force on force as well. 26,27,28th.

10. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Where in South AL?

11. The class is actually held in Florala Al. We ref Crestview Fl, because there are more places to stay if you are from out of town.

12. It is easier to find Crestview Florida on a map than it is to find Florala , Alabama. All the hotels are in Crestview and the airport is near there. Floral is only about 25 minutes from Crestview.So we list it as Crestview.

The class is listed here in the commercial listings....http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176743

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  13. ssfeldjager

ssfeldjager

Jun 6, 2005
    Found this on the 'net; in your area, maybe?

http://www.inquesttrainingacademy.com/index.html

14. thegriz18

thegriz18 Paper Killer

Jun 17, 2007
    Friend Zone
  15. skwirl

skwirl

Dec 23, 2003
    tennessee
    Tactical Response is good to go. I've taken several classes with them and have never been disappointed. Free lodging in the Team Room as well.

16. ccwnsc

ccwnsc

Jan 23, 2010
    Upstate, SC
  17. Rangemaster or Shootrite

I've been to both and they're great schools.