Good night sites that work in the day?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by TexasGlockster, Dec 9, 2011.

1. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

I highly agree with both of these gentleman! Ive also got xs big dots installed on my gun, and contrary to the rumors, these sights can be very very accurate when the correct sight picture is used! I also recommend heinie straight eights, and ameriglo Idot pro's. The heinies are a two dot system like the xs big dots are, but the rear sight is a notched U-shape like stock glock sights without the white outline. So at night you have the glowing dots where all you have to do is put one on top of the other and fire. And during the day you have a sight picture that is nearly identical to the stock glock sights, minus the white outline, which you really dont need in the daylight...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Another vote for the Ameriglo Proglo front sight. I use them with a plain black rear, also from Ameriglo. Just ordered another set for my G38. You can't miss the orange ring during the day.

3. I use Amerglo Hackathorn exclusively on my Glocks. I hate large bulky sights on my guns and the Hacks are nice and compact. In the dark the front sight is the only thing I'm interested in putting on target.

4. +1
    I have this front sight and my factory rear. It's the best setup I've ever used.

5. I like these. Any idea on the life of them? I know the lifespan of most tritium sights is about 10 years and I just want to make sure they have about the same durability.

I'm sure this is a noobish question but what is the difference of the sight height. I assume that is just to correct for the user's preferences and/or the type of rear sight that is being used. That being said, what is the standard height and how do I decide if a different height would be better (beyond just "go try some different ones").

6. call ameriglo... when I ordered mine it wasn't a kit, so I called to make sure I was getting the right size rear (and to check stock). They'll be more than happy to tell you exactly what you need for your situation, and they can answer your half-life question on their tritium too... I think I remember reading they are pretty much trijicon vials inside of their custom housing... so it's probably the same half-life

7. They use Trijicon vials. Ameriglo has a sight height calculator on their website. FWIW on my G 17/19/26 and 38 I have a .165" tall front with a .256" tall rear.

8. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

ameriglo gives a free front sight tool with the sight purchase as well.

9. You sound like an add or commercial BUT........

+1 !!