close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good night sights without sights pusher

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by cadetcode3, Feb 28, 2011.

1. cadetcode3

cadetcode3
    Expand Collapse

I have factory night sights for all my guns except my GLock 17 Gen4. Does anyone know any good night sight that you can install yourself without using the sights pusher? Thanks

Does anyone have the I-DOT or the PRO OPERATOR from ameriglo on their glock? Is it easy to install?

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/i-dot

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/pro-operator

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

3. Braden

Braden
    Expand Collapse

Another vote for XS Big Dots, but with regard to using a sight pusher, I've installed at least 7 sets of night sights on Glocks without the use of a sight pusher. Some of those just slide right in and tighten down with screws and Loctite. Others I simply used a soft punch and hammer and gently tapped them into place. A sight pusher is probably handy for an armorer or someone who installs a lot of night sights, but it's a required tool for installing sights.

#3 Braden, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. RayB

RayB
    Expand Collapse
    Retired Member

XS' are a unique experience that the OP may like or not like. Of all the sight brands I know, people like them or they don't... But they do come with installation tools, though some fitting is often required.

If memory serves, several GT members have successfully installed their own AmeriGlo sights, including the Operators. "GSSF" gets you 20% off.

Why not ask AmeriGlo?

http://ameriglo.com/

--Ray

5. cadetcode3

cadetcode3
    Expand Collapse

I had XS big dot. I didnt like it at all. XS big dot was very easy to install.

6. GRT45

GRT45
    Expand Collapse
    Transform & Win

Promo codes GSSF and GLOCKTALK get a 10% discount at AmeriGlo now. It changed in February. It's still a good deal on great products.