close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Good manual for reloading data?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by mikecurnow, Apr 20, 2010.

1. mikecurnow

mikecurnow
    Expand Collapse

I have hornady's 7th edition handbook, and it has some reloading data, and includes different powder types, but is specific to one gun/bullet/case so on.

looking for something with a broader range of data, that would hopefully also include factory loads, and accuracy loads.

thanks.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. GioaJack

GioaJack
    Expand Collapse
    Conifer Jack

Lyman manual... I believe the 49th is the latest edition.

Jack

3. fredj338

fredj338
    Expand Collapse

What you want doesn't realy exist. Closest thing would be LoadBooks for specific calibers. It's a compilation of diff data sources, but one caliber only. Most of us have 3-4 current manuals on hand. It allows cross ref of data & gives a broader range of bullet/powder choices. I like the Speer #14, Lyman & Hornady in that order for handgun. For rifle; Nosler, Speer, Sierra or Horandy. yes, you notice I don't list the Lee. It's just far to vague to be truely helpful.

#3 fredj338, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123
    Expand Collapse
    Grumpy Old Guy

I like using powder company data sites. You will very seldom find info for all your components so go middle of the load and work up.

5. fgutie35

fgutie35
    Expand Collapse

The manual depends on the bullet brand you are going to use. I use the Sierra Manual because it specifically gives me the data for the bullet I use, Plus all of their data of the caliber I use, was tested on a 26" Stainless Steel barrel from a Savage rifle which is what I own, so I'm very confident the numbers are going to be very identical.:cool:

6. mikecurnow

mikecurnow
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help. :)
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. ssgrock3

ssgrock3
    Expand Collapse

speer #13, I think #14 is the newest. If on a budget, ebay will have older versions cheaper. Money well spent, the free ones from the powder mfg's are good ones to have and have to give away to new loaders. And for the cost, get more than one set.