close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Good load for Glock 32

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Java, May 22, 2011.

1. Java

Java

Dec 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Mas,
    What is a good load for a Glock 32. And what is a good choice a 40 or a Sig 357 or a Glock 30.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Lotsa good stuff out there.

I use 125 grain full speed in .357 SIG, usually Speer Gold Dot or Remington Golden Saber bonded. In .40 S&W, Winchester Ranger 165 grain, full power 165 grain Gold Dot, or 155 grain Silvertip JHPs are my personal choice. In the Glock 30, I most often carry 230 grain Winchester Ranger T

best,
    Mas

3. Java

Java

Dec 3, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks for your advice but what is better the 23 or the 32. I have a 30 carry in the winter time I don't think there are many 357 sigs calibers without ordering here in Indiana more of the 40 caliber.

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Depends on your perceived needs, but insofar as the two calibers you mention, I find myself carrying the .357 SIG somewhat more often than the .40 S&Wwhen at home base with stockpiled ammo readily available. When on the road, the wider availability of spare ammo nationwide tilts me more toward the .40.

best,
    Mas